Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2019/2020

BOF

My awful run continues. Everything I do recently goes wrong and I don't really know how to fix it. Latest was selling Lundstram, which looked like a good decision as he was dropped. but of course he came on and scored.

Wildcard is an option but I really want to save that for later in the season. On paper my team looks good, it's just not scoring.

I have one obvious weakness which is Fleck starting most weeks in midfield. I have a couple of million in the bank to upgrade it this week. Just need to decide if I want to ditch Vardy as well which would let me upgrade Fleck to a premium asset like Richarlison.

I was leaning towards Son but his injury has made that decision for me.

Edit: my team

McCarthy

Robertson, Alexander-Arnold, Lascelles

KDB, Salah, Grealish, Fleck

Jimenez, Vardy, Ins

Subs: Button; Soyuncu, Kelly; Cantwell

Fleck needs upgrading as I said and I'd like to get a better keeper, preferably for Button so I have two options. Selling Nick Pope ahead of his difficult run of fixtures a couple of weeks ago was another of my string of dreadful decisions.

Edited by Stevo985

On 11/02/2020 at 17:15, Stevo985 said:

I've gone for the safer option of captaining Salah this week. He owes me.

As does Lascelles after I brought him in for the Lord

Absolute words removed

On 12/02/2020 at 01:32, Keyblade said:

I got Son as captain this week and Danny Ings next. It's how I catapulted to second in the table and stayed there for a few weeks 😢

Ings captain next week is very tempting

I've taken one step backwards in order to take many steps forward this week.  A -12 is the first (and the last...) >4pt hit I've taken this season.  I now have a sea of green fixtures ahead for the foreseeable with players in form and in the right areas.  I just did not like sacrificing 12pts from an overall rank of 111k.  I start this weekend at 150k now.

On 21/02/2020 at 17:06, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Whomever you are Adam Maddock, I'm coming for you bitch

Haha we'll see Dougie boy, I've won this league at least 4 times, I'm the daddy lol

ps which of the challengers are you?

Edited by Adamus

8 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Yeah that didn't work out. We still lost too. What a shit day.

Luckily I went for Salah instead. 
looks like another low scoring week though. I’m in a massive rut

Sigh, looks like another poor week for me.

Going to have to start taking some risks.

Despite his good upcoming fixtures, I think I may take out Vardy and bring in DCL and use the money to upgrade some of my midfielders and prepare for the blank gameweeks ahead.

On 21/02/2020 at 17:57, Stevo985 said:

-12 is big! But if it sets you up for a good few weeks it can easily be earned back.

GW 31 is looking like an absolute minefield at the moment

I've had a bad week so far, but not because of the -12.  Funnily enough, that has kinda worked, with Mané the big purchase still to play.  A decent haul from him (10 would be great) would see me through the gamble.  Selling KDB & Aguero worked as both blanked, although it was terrifying watching them.  KDB could've had 2 and Aguero obviously missed the penalty.  It does set me up for subsequent weeks, but the hit to my rank is stomach churning, especially as the points hit and the poor week has dropped me to 2nd in my work league.

Just now, BOF said:

I've had a bad week so far, but not because of the -12.  Funnily enough, that has kinda worked, with Mané the big purchase still to play.  A decent haul from him (10 would be great) would see me through the gamble.  Selling KDB & Aguero worked as both blanked, although it was terrifying watching them.  KDB could've had 2 and Aguero obviously missed the penalty.  It does set me up for subsequent weeks, but the hit to my rank is stomach churning, especially as the points hit and the poor week has dropped me to 2nd in my work league.

big hit to take on a pretty low scoring week. Liverpool could give us big scores tonight but pretty much everyone has 3 liverpool players.

I think I'm going to have to do something drastic too though. I can't bring myself to take Vardy out with his upcoming fixtures. I think I might do something like

Ings -> DCL

Grealish -> Fernandes

McCarthy -> Foster

Kelly -> Coady

With an eye on getting enough players that a free hit won't be necessary in GW31 and can come into play later in the season/

Just need to decide how many of those transfers I take this week or how many I save

I can't see myself free-hitting in 31.  There are too few games and too few high-powered teams for it to matter.  I'll just do my best to limit the damage, and work towards 34 & 37.

DCL is a dilemma.  I hate his fixtures but he's doing the business.  I'm currently in the process of removing Digne, but having a 31 fixture makes him a little more desireable.  Fernandes again, I don't like his fixtures but he does seem involved.   For Wolves I'd b going Saiss over Coady.  I recommended him to a colleague and he went and got 11pts.

As for everyone having 3 Liverpool.  I'm hoping the amount of people who have doubled up on Salah and Mané is still relatively low since Mané's return.  Plus captaining Salah and having Trent, I'm hoping I've got the best effective 4 Liverpool ownership.  Now to witness a hiding, both for my fantasy hopes and for Aston Villa's ...

16 minutes ago, BOF said:

As for everyone having 3 Liverpool.  I'm hoping the amount of people who have doubled up on Salah and Mané is still relatively low since Mané's return.  Plus captaining Salah and having Trent, I'm hoping I've got the best effective 4 Liverpool ownership.  Now to witness a hiding, both for my fantasy hopes and for Aston Villa's ...

Yeah I need Mane to have a quiet day to be fair and a liverpool clean sheet. But again I assume more people are in my boat than your boat, which makes it a much lower reward.

22 minutes ago, BOF said:

I can't see myself free-hitting in 31.  There are too few games and too few high-powered teams for it to matter.  I'll just do my best to limit the damage, and work towards 34 & 37.

DCL is a dilemma.  I hate his fixtures but he's doing the business.  I'm currently in the process of removing Digne, but having a 31 fixture makes him a little more desireable.  Fernandes again, I don't like his fixtures but he does seem involved.   For Wolves I'd b going Saiss over Coady.  I recommended him to a colleague and he went and got 11pts.

I'll bear Saiss in mind. I just need to plan my transfers properly.

I have enough cash that I can go Grealish to Fernandes today. But I could go Richarlison again to boost my GW31 players as Everton will probably have a game.

Agree with DCL and Fernandes regarding fixtures. Fernandes is clearly on pens and takes every set piece so I think he'll be ticking over nicely.
DCL is just the obvious option if you're going from Vardy/Ings and want to bank some cash.

The -12 just about worked.  It ended up benefitting me by 10pts, so a net 2pt loss, but obviously the major surgery is now already done and I go into this week with a luxury free transfer.  A big gamble which West Ham did their best to scupper.  Ironically, their goals benefitted me because it impact those with double Liverpool defence far more, and it necessitated Salah & Mané getting the goals that they did.  Onwards and hopefully upwards now.

• Like 1

I might need to do similar. My team is too safe.

Made my transfer for this week. Fernandes in for Grealish. The fixtures this week look very favourable for my players so I'm reluctant to do too much.

I then have two transfer plans leading up to GW31. Aggressive and super aggressive. And it basically all hinges on Vardy. If he scores this week then he stays and Ings goes. If he doesn't then he's gone and it frees up lots more cash to make some moves. Might involve getting rid of Robertson too.

Obviously I'll wait for the outcome of the FA cup games which is crucial

FA Cup is key, absolutely.  There are even noises that Chelsea could have a double GW29 which makes the likes of Mount more desireable.  I assume that depends on how they get on in the FA Cup.  I'm still humming and hawwing over Fernandes/Richarlison/H.Barnes in for Grealish.  Knowing me it'll end up being someone else.  I like Richarlison because he plays in GW31 and he's even more talismanic than Fernandes, but I may simply have to cover off Fernandes' TSB% and his form, and deal with GW31 when it comes around.  I'll wait until after the Europa League fixtures on Thursday.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, BOF said:

FA Cup is key, absolutely.  There are even noises that Chelsea could have a double GW29 which makes the likes of Mount more desireable.  I assume that depends on how they get on in the FA Cup.  I'm still humming and hawwing over Fernandes/Richarlison/H.Barnes in for Grealish.  Knowing me it'll end up being someone else.  I like Richarlison because he plays in GW31 and he's even more talismanic than Fernandes, but I may simply have to cover off Fernandes' TSB% and his form, and deal with GW31 when it comes around.  I'll wait until after the Europa League fixtures on Thursday.

I would have gone Richarlison but my mate who I'm determined to beat has him and our teams are very similar anyway so I wanted someone different. The likelihood of Everton playing in GW31 means he's a definite advantage.

Chelsea having a double gameweek would screw me. I haven't even considered a Chelsea player for a long time.

There's noises of a Man City Triple Gameweek towards the end of the season now...