Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2019/2020

BOF

I'll have 9 for GW31 if I take a -4. Had Spurs gone through last night I'd have had a full 11

My 9 does include Adama though who has injury issues. But seems like a waste to use a transfer to get him out when he might play.

I think I'll bring in Deeney, Sarr and Pope over the next 2 weeks

36 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I'll have 9 for GW31 if I take a -4. Had Spurs gone through last night I'd have had a full 11

My 9 does include Adama though who has injury issues. But seems like a waste to use a transfer to get him out when he might play.

I think I'll bring in Deeney, Sarr and Pope over the next 2 weeks

I just keep thinking Sarr is a flash in the pan, but then I do that a lot and find myself 30pts worse off than had I pulled the trigger early.  See Fernandes (who I still haven't brought in this week).  I have been looking at Deeney though.  My current team basically dead-ends in GW33 so I'll be trying to turn some of my >GW33 opponents green because at the moment it's a sea of white and red and it looks no bueno.

3 minutes ago, BOF said:

I just keep thinking Sarr is a flash in the pan, but then I do that a lot and find myself 30pts worse off than had I pulled the trigger early.  See Fernandes (who I still haven't brought in this week).  I have been looking at Deeney though.  My current team basically dead-ends in GW33 so I'll be trying to turn some of my >GW33 opponents green because at the moment it's a sea of white and red and it looks no bueno.

I wouldn't be getting Sarr if it wasn't for GW31. I'm literally just getting bodies in for that.

Still have my free hit and wildcard so I'm building for 31 and then could potentially play my wildcard in 32. Haven't made that decision yet. Depends on the number of Doubles in 34 vs 37 (at the moment it looks like 37 will have the greater number)

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

I wouldn't be getting Sarr if it wasn't for GW31. I'm literally just getting bodies in for that.

Still have my free hit and wildcard so I'm building for 31 and then could potentially play my wildcard in 32. Haven't made that decision yet. Depends on the number of Doubles in 34 vs 37 (at the moment it looks like 37 will have the greater number)

I'll get someone in for 31 if it makes sense to have them for the longer term (e.g. Pope).  It's one week of 12.  37 will definitely have more than 34.  The problem with 34 is it will be blanks and doubles, so it'll be tricky to navigate.

20 minutes ago, BOF said:

I'll get someone in for 31 if it makes sense to have them for the longer term (e.g. Pope).  It's one week of 12.  37 will definitely have more than 34.  The problem with 34 is it will be blanks and doubles, so it'll be tricky to navigate.

I think given how many are doubles in 37, I'll be free hitting for 34 and wildcarding for the 37 (or the week before). Seems like a waste of a wildcard but the potential advantage of having so many players with two games is huge.

Good week for you so far @BOF

I went a bit left field this week and took a massive punt on Foden. Cost me -4 as well to swap Cantwell out for him.

Was pretty sure he'd start yesterday (which he did), and the player I would have played instead of him (adama) I was pretty sure would come on as a sub for one point (which he did). Plus the prospect of the double gameweek I just went for it.

Hasn't quite worked. I'm only 3 points worse off for it, unless he produces on Wednesday but I have a feeling he'll be back on the bench. Made the game yesterday fun thought :D 

6 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Good week for you so far @BOF

I went a bit left field this week and took a massive punt on Foden. Cost me -4 as well to swap Cantwell out for him.

Was pretty sure he'd start yesterday (which he did), and the player I would have played instead of him (adama) I was pretty sure would come on as a sub for one point (which he did). Plus the prospect of the double gameweek I just went for it.

Hasn't quite worked. I'm only 3 points worse off for it, unless he produces on Wednesday but I have a feeling he'll be back on the bench. Made the game yesterday fun thought :D 

Yeah my Digne to Alonso worked too, even if I was a little disappointed he got nothing from any of Chelsea's 4 goals.  Twitter seems to think Vardy won't start this evening so that's good for Villa and bad for my FPL (I'll take that all day long though :D )

3 minutes ago, BOF said:

Yeah my Digne to Alonso worked too, even if I was a little disappointed he got nothing from any of Chelsea's 4 goals.  Twitter seems to think Vardy won't start this evening so that's good for Villa and bad for my FPL (I'll take that all day long though :D )

Yep no Vardy, no Chilwell, no Perez is the rumour. From the same source that predicted no Vardy last week so probably legit.

I sold Vardy a few weeks ago so I'm thrilled :D

And even though I have Soyuncu, I wish he was included in the list of people not starting. I have lascelles on my bench with 7 points.

But yeah 60+ at this stage is an excellent return for you! I hope I'm looking at 60+ by the end of Wednesday

So I topped out at 94.  You wait for those weeks to come along and some seasons they never do.  It's not so much the 94 being a good score so much as it is over double the average.  Very happy with that albeit largely at the expense of Villa.

1 hour ago, BOF said:

So I topped out at 94.  You wait for those weeks to come along and some seasons they never do.  It's not so much the 94 being a good score so much as it is over double the average.  Very happy with that albeit largely at the expense of Villa.

Oh wow, you had Barnes AND Vardy. That's an amazing result for you!

I was livid that Vardy came on and got that **** penalty straight away. I don't have him anymore, which I still think was the right decision (selling him for DCL funded my move to Fernandes and Doherty), but it hurt to see him come on and get that brace. Lovely outcome for you though!

I'm on 58, with potentially Foden an KDB to play tomorrow. Which could be anything from 90 minutes for both, to 0 minutes for both! Expecting at least 60 points and hoping for nearer 70 if things go well.

I haven't had one of "those" weeks yet this season. Hoping it's still to come :D 

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Oh wow, you had Barnes AND Vardy. That's an amazing result for you!

I was livid that Vardy came on and got that **** penalty straight away. I don't have him anymore, which I still think was the right decision (selling him for DCL funded my move to Fernandes and Doherty), but it hurt to see him come on and get that brace. Lovely outcome for you though!

I'm on 58, with potentially Foden an KDB to play tomorrow. Which could be anything from 90 minutes for both, to 0 minutes for both! Expecting at least 60 points and hoping for nearer 70 if things go well.

I haven't had one of "those" weeks yet this season. Hoping it's still to come :D 

I did the same thing. Was going to make him TC too but then I remembered he was injured and Auba had a double gameweek. You can't legislate for this 😭

12 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I did the same thing. Was going to make him TC too but then I remembered he was injured and Auba had a double gameweek. You can't legislate for this 😭

If I owned Auba I'd have captained him too this week. Seemed the obvious choice.

And If I had my TC chip left I'd have played it on him too!

Fortunately, in a way, I don't own him. Although it could still come good for you tomorrow!

@Keyblade Man CIty vs Arsenal postponed. That's got to hurt :(

I'm ok with it. I'd have liked it to go ahead to see if my Foden gamble would have paid off, but I was already resigned to KDB not featuring. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

@Keyblade Man CIty vs Arsenal postponed. That's got to hurt :(

I'm ok with it. I'd have liked it to go ahead to see if my Foden gamble would have paid off, but I was already resigned to KDB not featuring. 

Had a good run, think I'll pack it in now lmao

• Haha 1

Actually after that postponement I've actually dropped in the rankings, despite a score of 59 for the week.

Seems a lot of people benefitted from autosubs. Probably everyone who captained KDB getting double points for Salah instead (or similar)

Irritating.

Coronavirus is certainly adding a unique twist to this year's game :D 

The suspension of the league has been responded to quite bizarrely by FPL. 

Seems GW30 and 31 will still take place on the game, but with zero fixtures. So you can make transfers and take points hits but nobody will play. 

seems when the league hopefully restarts in gw32 they’ll be resuming with those fixtures, and the GW30 and 31 fixtures will be rearranged for later gameweeks. 

meaning there is the possibility of some absolutely mammoth gameweeks later in the season. 

if of course the league ever restarts 

On 04/03/2020 at 13:07, Stevo985 said:

He's ahead of me now :D

Podcast has faded away but I think we'll pick it up again next season. We didn't realise just HOW many podcasts are out there for FPL so need to think of something unique.

Oh also, another thank you to @Wezbid, my FPL league based on his format has been a roaring success. We're already planning out end of season awards night. It's been a hit, and I've put my excel/analytics brain to good use :D 

Glad to hear it went well. Our EOS event is now screwed. Could be £600 down as a result but the guy who booked it lives in the US so if he's banned from flying to the UK at the time he may be covered. 

Yeah it’s causing carnage for leagues like yours and ours. We had a room in a pub booked for the champions league final and an awards ceremony thing. But luckily they’ve refunded us. 

On 14/03/2020 at 10:52, Stevo985 said:

The suspension of the league has been responded to quite bizarrely by FPL. 

Seems GW30 and 31 will still take place on the game, but with zero fixtures. So you can make transfers and take points hits but nobody will play. 

seems when the league hopefully restarts in gw32 they’ll be resuming with those fixtures, and the GW30 and 31 fixtures will be rearranged for later gameweeks. 

meaning there is the possibility of some absolutely mammoth gameweeks later in the season. 

if of course the league ever restarts 

After the further pushout of the league until at least April 30th, they've continued this approach.

All Gameweeks upto and including GW35 will still take place. Transfers will count but there will be no fixtures so zero points all round.

Those later gameweeks look like being absolutely insane IF the games eventually get played.