Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2019/2020

BOF

On 01/08/2019 at 16:25, Stevo985 said:

I've got 10 committed to it so far. Hoping to find another 6 to make it worthwhile. 

It's a great idea. I've been eager to do something similar for a while.

Sorry to drag it back to this, but I copied @Wezbid's mates' format quite closely and it's gone brilliantly.

Managed to scrape 20 teams together. And then did a "televised" draw. And that went down so well we've accumulated a few more so I now have 24 teams in the whole thing :D

And my spreadsheet is **** magnificent

• Like 1

On 16/07/2019 at 11:56, BOF said:

I really hope this bit is true :)  Sounds like good fun, although I imagine the FF takes a backseat to continuous relentless drunkenness - or is that just my mind?

Sorry to bombard with photos but yes, it's true. It's always a great/mental 4 day weekend. These are over 3 different seasons. Big beard, normal beard, no beard this year. 

Ce8fCS2.jpg

11ts2jl.jpg

1D2G2V4.jpg

S8eaFVE.jpg

rnJsf5d.jpg

xG2srSv.jpg

ylhh3lC.jpg

ciYbtqS.jpg

CgJWhD3.jpg

H1iIqQT.jpg

e7Ku9cB.jpg

dlPZsMo.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Sorry to drag it back to this, but I copied @Wezbid's mates' format quite closely and it's gone brilliantly.

Managed to scrape 20 teams together. And then did a "televised" draw. And that went down so well we've accumulated a few more so I now have 24 teams in the whole thing :D

And my spreadsheet is **** magnificent

Glad it went well! Hopefully it keeps people engaged all season now. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wezbid said:

Sorry to bombard with photos but yes, it's true. It's always a great/mental 4 day weekend. These are over 3 different seasons. Big beard, normal beard, no beard this year.

Brilliant :D 

happy so excited GIF

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

Glad it went well! Hopefully it keeps people engaged all season now. 

Fingers crossed. 

Few people moaning that the overall prizes aren't enough. But I've tried to weight it more towards the weekly prizes to, as you say, keep people engaged.

I've made it very very clear that if people are starting, then I expect them to be in all season.

5 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

I’ve just entered the league. Having watched very little premier league football the last 3 years interesting  to see how I do. 

Weirdly despite showing as a Villa fan I haven’t been entreated into the villa fan league, anyone else had this problem?

Its really refreshing being up there. I don’t think I played fantasy even in our last season up there. But yeah I really know nothing, and as usual emotions plays part, I can’t help but putting 3 Villa players starting. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Anyone know if there's a way you can easily export data from the FPL site?

I don't know of an easy way.  You could go to the statistics page and just cut and paste the output into a spreadsheet if that would do.

11 minutes ago, BOF said:

I don't know of an easy way.  You could go to the statistics page and just cut and paste the output into a spreadsheet if that would do.

Thanks but it's not what I'm after.

It's only for my mini league thing I've set up. It's all pretty simple, I just need to enter everyone's scores in every week. Only takes one minute to put 24 scores in.

But, I'd forgotten about settling ties. So we've decided to use Goal difference and then goals scored. 

So now I have to open everyone's team, add their points total, and then add up their goals scored and goals conceded and all those too.

So it's becoming a little more time consuming. I was hoping there was a tool or something that spits out league/team data but I don't think there is. Well, there IS, but it's not simple. Python based stuff and I can't be arsed with all that.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Finding it hard not to wildcard.  I do love a transfer.  But I know I have a good team with good fixtures coming up, so I'm making myself sit tight and we'll see what happens during the international break.  That will probably be too hard to resist.

8 hours ago, BOF said:

Finding it hard not to wildcard.  I do love a transfer.  But I know I have a good team with good fixtures coming up, so I'm making myself sit tight and we'll see what happens during the international break.  That will probably be too hard to resist.

I know what you mean, but it's too early and I'm determined not to make the same mistake I make every year!

Comfortable with my start. Not spectacular, but a good first week propped up my average second.

Just annoyed I missed price rises on my transfers. I was going to bring Martial in for Fraser last week and bring Pukki in this week. Bottle Martial and got him this week after his price had risen and got Pukki in yesterday but his price had already risen on Monday night. I could be sitting on a £100.5m squad value already

No wildcard for me yet. Need another week or two to let things settle. Hoping McGinn has a good game on Friday to give him a price hike and give me a bit more money for the wildcard

Hey guys, 

New on VT. Just joined with the code thinking this was an open VT league, but if it's a league of mates irl feel free to kick me out. 😂 

Apart from that, could we all take a moment, and pray for a McGinniesta hatrick on Friday please. 🙏

UTV 

Man Utd players private fantasy league has apparently been discovered.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/article/02641c98-f448-4c60-ab3c-1b9145e6a128

"the discovery of the United players’ fantasy league, ‘The MUFC Tiki-Taka Fantasy’...

club captain Ashley Young sits sixth out of the nine teams with SKIPS FC. Interestingly, it appears he hasn’t included a single United player in his squad, which isn’t that captain-like really, is it?"