Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2019/2020

BOF

14 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

@BOF solved the Google Podcasts issue. Might not be showing on there right now, but definitely done the process to get it on there, so should be soon

Not yet but I'll keep you briefed.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Fun fact that isn't really fun.  My goalkeeper is averaging better PPG than my strikers so far this season.  3.3pts versus 3.2pts, and that includes 1 striker captaincy.

Also, my week 10 and particularly my week 11 fixtures are looking really good.  Not looking forward to week 12 though. Ouchy.

431dd74e3a9651c25f85804047c71e16.png

• 4 weeks later...
On 09/09/2019 at 12:57, Stevo985 said:

Plugged it on the main forum, but if anyone's interested, I've started a podcast with a couple of mates about FPL. It's partly FPL in general and partly specifically about our super league, which is what I set up based on @Wezbid 's league that he has with his mates.

Bit of fun, but it anyone fancies a listen and give us some support it's on Spotify here: Minus 4: An FPL Podcast

And it should be on Apple Podcasts by the end of the week

Still going!

Our 10th episode is in the bag and out now.

We got an actual, real life journalist on it this week so will probably be our most listened to pod. He's a Wolves journalist (Tim Spiers) so the pod has a Wolves focus, but it's still a good listen, if I do say so myself :) 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50817158

He's already the best chess player in the world. Now Magnus Carlsen is using his mental fortitude to succeed in another game of strategy - fantasy football.

Norway's world chess champion moved top of the leaderboard in Fantasy Premier League on Sunday - the Premier League's official fantasy football game played by more than seven million people.

On 22/12/2019 at 21:59, Stevo985 said:

I'm doing pretty well this season, until Son **** me today anyway.

I'm way way too into it to be honest. Doing a podcast about it will do that to you!

Had a shocking couple of weeks

2 gameweeks ago I tried to be clever and got rid of Trent to get in Son and Aurier. Shocking decisions and I've paid for it massively.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Have recovered my pre-Christmas rank now and then some.  Just a nose-hair outside the top 100k now.  A very good Tuesday for me with 5 out of 6 players returning for 35pts.  Only Grealish blanked.  12 left to play, 10 of which are 3 Liverpool players :D 

Up to 3rd in the Irreverentad league!  I think that's my highest ever.

• Like 1

I've had a shocking festive period and beyond. I was up in the top 100k before christmas and in touch with the leaders of this league but it's all gone to shit.

Have only myself to blame for part of it. When Mourinho took over at Spurs I solt TAA and picked up Son and Aurier. Captained Son and he got sent off and Aurier scored an OG in the next game. Got TAA back in the end but not before he scored the highest number of points for an FPL player this season in that one game. So that move alone cost me around 40 points I reckon.

This week I've gone big. Dropped the TC chip on Mane. Far earlier than I'd usually use it, but can't see a team as good as Liverpool having a DGW as favourable as this one with enough time between fixtures to not rotate.

Last night was ok. 15 points from 4 players. Obviously main focus is the Liverpool games. Three Liverpool players in (I don't understand anyone who doesn't have three Liverpool players in for this gameweek) and the TC on Mane.

This week will make or break me.

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I've had a shocking festive period and beyond. I was up in the top 100k before christmas and in touch with the leaders of this league but it's all gone to shit.

Have only myself to blame for part of it. When Mourinho took over at Spurs I solt TAA and picked up Son and Aurier. Captained Son and he got sent off and Aurier scored an OG in the next game. Got TAA back in the end but not before he scored the highest number of points for an FPL player this season in that one game. So that move alone cost me around 40 points I reckon.

This week I've gone big. Dropped the TC chip on Mane. Far earlier than I'd usually use it, but can't see a team as good as Liverpool having a DGW as favourable as this one with enough time between fixtures to not rotate.

Last night was ok. 15 points from 4 players. Obviously main focus is the Liverpool games. Three Liverpool players in (I don't understand anyone who doesn't have three Liverpool players in for this gameweek) and the TC on Mane.

This week will make or break me.

The problem with the Liverpool game is everyone (who matters) is on them bigly.  So for me, the differentials are key.  I very very nearly sat on Ings, despite knowing there was a huge chance he'd be benched after Hassenhuttl's comments, but I thankfully pulled the trigger on Deeney, even as a 1-off, knowing his record against us.  So 1pt for Ings turned into 9pts for Deeney.  **** Newcastle anyway,  They turned 12pts into 6pts for Digne.  The rest was fairly template.

You're right re- the other DGWs.  City are likely to have 2 of them, and there are home games in there, so on paper they're better DGWs than the Liverpool one.  The problem is you can't trust Pep for rotation. Especially  as that's the business end for cups and there'll be nothing meaningful to play for in the league by that stage.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BOF said:

The problem with the Liverpool game is everyone (who matters) is on them bigly.  So for me, the differentials are key.  I very very nearly sat on Ings, despite knowing there was a huge chance he'd be benched after Hassenhuttl's comments, but I thankfully pulled the trigger on Deeney, even as a 1-off, knowing his record against us.  So 1pt for Ings turned into 9pts for Deeney.  **** Newcastle anyway,  They turned 12pts into 6pts for Digne.  The rest was fairly template.

You're right re- the other DGWs.  City are likely to have 2 of them, and there are home games in there, so on paper they're better DGWs than the one Liverpool have.  The problem is you can't trust Pep for rotation. Especially  as that's the business end for cups and there'll be nothing meaningful to play for in the league by that stage.

Yeah Leicester could have a DGW including us as one of their fixtures but they've had a down turn in form too.

And you're right, differentials are key this week, but you still need your TC to perform. If Salah bags a few goals this week and Mane does nothing then it **** me because so many people will have TC'd Salah.

Also so many people using the TC is a big reason to follow suit. The risk of half the game getting huge results from their TC and you missing out is big! 

Just now, Stevo985 said:

Yeah Leicester could have a DGW including us as one of their fixtures but they've had a down turn in form too.

And you're right, differentials are key this week, but you still need your TC to perform. If Salah bags a few goals this week and Mane does nothing then it **** me because so many people will have TC'd Salah.

Also so many people using the TC is a big reason to follow suit. The risk of half the game getting huge results from their TC and you missing out is big! 

Effective ownership of Mané in the top 10k is 135% this week.  Salah is less than 100% which makes him a relatively big differential.  I have Salah TC :D  I also own Mané & Trent.  I just don't need van Dijk's big noggin getting on the end of corners.

38 minutes ago, BOF said:

Effective ownership of Mané in the top 10k is 135% this week.  Salah is less than 100% which makes him a relatively big differential.  I have Salah TC :D  I also own Mané & Trent.  I just don't need van Dijk's big noggin getting on the end of corners.

Mine are Mane, TAA and Robertson.

If I could have gotten Salah in as well as Mane I would have but I couldn't do it without either selling KDB or tearing my team to shreds. Which I'd love to do, I just don't want to use my widlcard yet.

It'll be an interesting week anyway