Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2019/2020

BOF

13 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I would have gone Richarlison but my mate who I'm determined to beat has him and our teams are very similar anyway so I wanted someone different. The likelihood of Everton playing in GW31 means he's a definite advantage.

Chelsea having a double gameweek would screw me. I haven't even considered a Chelsea player for a long time.

There's noises of a Man City Triple Gameweek towards the end of the season now...

Not using my TC on Mane is going to pay off handsomely it seems.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

Not using my TC on Mane is going to pay off handsomely it seems.

Because Pep isn't an absolute tart at rotating ...

tenor.gif

• Haha 1

Well that was hectic. Got the no Vardy news 10 mins before the deadline so panic signed DCL in his place.

I'm actually very happy. Gives me a chunk of cash to make some changes and prepare for GW31 now. Hopefully DCL keeps his form up.

22 should be the absolute least you ever do, given that your players get 2pts for just being on the **** pitch.  This week I got 25.

• Sad 1

I ended up with 43 which is very decent given how low scoring it was.

I sold Grealish for Fernandes and at the very last minute sold Vardy for Calvert Lewin. So the -4 was easily regained and those two, coupled with a clean sheet from Lascelles (finally!), basically saved my game week.

Edited by Stevo985

Important week for FPL. By Thursday we'll understand how much of a massacre Gameweek 31 will be. It's entirely possible that there will only be 3 fixtures.

More likely we'll get 5 or 6

Oh also lots of rumours Man City vs Arsenal could be squeezed in next week and count as a GW29 fixture. So an impromptu double gameweek for those two teams.

Anyone with a handful of Man City and Arsenal players will be laughing. I'd be captaining Aubameyang if I owned him.

8 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Oh also lots of rumours Man City vs Arsenal could be squeezed in next week and count as a GW29 fixture. So an impromptu double gameweek for those two teams.

Anyone with a handful of Man City and Arsenal players will be laughing. I'd be captaining Aubameyang if I owned him.

Now confirmed. Game is next Wednesday and will count as GW29

If you own Auba, captain him

On 10/09/2019 at 14:19, BOF said:

Enjoyable podcast @Stevo985.  Good chemistry between everyone.  That Ben bloke is a cocky **** though :P   I get that Ray is a slow starter... I suspect he's a slow finisher too.  

He's ahead of me now :D

Podcast has faded away but I think we'll pick it up again next season. We didn't realise just HOW many podcasts are out there for FPL so need to think of something unique.

Oh also, another thank you to @Wezbid, my FPL league based on his format has been a roaring success. We're already planning out end of season awards night. It's been a hit, and I've put my excel/analytics brain to good use :D 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Took a -8 hit to get Auba and Mahrez in. Would be worth it though. It would be just like Maddison to score against us or Vardy to get back in the groove after I sold him.

I ditched Maddison ages ago. He's only scored more than 2 points once in his last 12 matches

10 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I ditched Maddison ages ago. He's only scored more than 2 points once in his last 12 matches

No goal or assist for 1000 minutes of football apparently. Again, it'd be just like him to pick up his form after I bit the bullet on him.

5 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

No goal or assist for 1000 minutes of football apparently. Again, it'd be just like him to pick up his form after I bit the bullet on him.

Probably, we have a habit of doing that! 

But that doesn't make it a bad decision long term to get rid of him. I'd be looking at that as a reason to justify your minus 8. Not that that would make you feel better when he scores against us :) 

I'd absolutely love to get Auba in myself but there's no way I can do it unless I take a -8, and even then I'd be sacrificing KDB or Salah most likely which I'm not sure I'd be willing to do.

Spurs losing last night has really **** up my plans. it means the Norwich vs Everton game on GW31 won't happen (whereas I was expecting the Spurs vs West Ham game to be the blank)

Two of the players I had planned to play that week now won't be playing.

I need to reshuffle. Will probably cost me a -4 to ensure I have 9 players playing

I've ignored the DGW29 & the BGW31 with this week's solitary transfer.  I could have brought Auba & KDB in, but both blank in 31 and I've superb fixtures this week meaning long term they wouldn't have benefitted me and TBQH short term they may not either.  KDB may have a shoulder problem (or it could be mind games) and Auba to score v City is debatable.

I've currently got 7 to play in 31 and I'll be bringing Pope in over the next 2 weeks plus a minus 4 so I should have at least 8 or 9.  I won't be over-planning for such a shit week though because there's much more joy to be had in the weeks afterwards.