Matt Targett

villan-scott

On 20/01/2022 at 14:46, Delphinho123 said:

Every player has his price so whilst everyone is frantically posting about building a squad, if we receive £30m+ for Targett and put that towards say, Bissouma, then I'd be all for it. 

The bigger discussion here is, do we want to deal with Newcastle? It is massively beneficial to us if they go down this year because if they don't, they'll have their sights on a top 8 finish next year if they spend big. 
Selling them Targett will improve them, without question. He's not amazing, but he's better than what they have. 

Personally, the price to Newcastle would be upwards of £40m because...well, why the hell not!

If we don’t sell they’ll panic buy from other club. It’s not us or none.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't understand people saying it's Newcastle so they pay £30m, he's worth nearly that much anyway, if you wanna make it more expensive because it's Newcastle then the fee should be closer to £40m.

3 minutes ago, useless said:

I don't understand people saying it's Newcastle so they pay £30m, he's worth nearly that much anyway, if you wanna make it more expensive because it's Newcastle then the fee should be closer to £40m.

Digne (better than Targett) just sold for £25m. 

Targett (worse, the guy Digne replaced) somehow = £30m???

Explain plz. 

Yes he is, he was one of our best players last season, we've paid close to that for Digne, who isn't massively better than Targett, he just suits Gerrard's system better. We paid £17m for Targett in the first place, he's improved by more than a couple of million, we shouldn't undersell our players, Targett is worth at least £25m, to Newcastle it would be much more, one because of the money they have, two because they're desperate for a left back, and also because we don't really want to be helping them.

Â