Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

3 minutes ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

He's just come back from a year struggling in the Spanish second division, no one is paying a couple of million for him

ye, will be a contract termination, running down his contract until release, or loan until contract expires.

wont see a penny for him i dont think.

12 months left on his contract isnt there?

7 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

He's literally just been playing football. At a football club. 

Yes but not very well. And we are paying the wages. Once his contract ends at what level will a club want to sign him? I am just saying he is a young man and with his earnings at Villa he might decide to do something else rather than playing for peanuts at a level that would have been beneath him before the injury.

22 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

ye, will be a contract termination, running down his contract until release, or loan until contract expires.

wont see a penny for him i dont think.

12 months left on his contract isnt there?

No idea, but almost certainly has to go down as one of our worst value signings ever. No fault of his own, was signs that he was adapting to the PL but that injury completely finished him off at the top level

18 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Yes but not very well. And we are paying the wages. Once his contract ends at what level will a club want to sign him? I am just saying he is a young man and with his earnings at Villa he might decide to do something else rather than playing for peanuts at a level that would have been beneath him before the injury.

He can play second tier football and will still earn a decent salary at that level for the rest of his career imo. 

Would be happy if Ben Mee never played again in his career, that's for sure. 

Five years later, Unai has his man 😜

Arsenal to pay £15m for striker Wesley Moraes?

Wesley Moraes is a striker in big demand and the word in the Sun is that Unai Emery has hunkered down and got on his mark in the “£15m race” for the Club Brugge striker’s services. With nine goals in 20 appearances to his name already this season, the 22-year-old Brazilian has also turned heads at Fiorentina and Valencia, in a state of affairs that could prompt a January auction.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/dec/06/football-transfer-rumours-arsenal-pay-15m-striker-wesley-moraes-club-brugge

Edited by Tom13
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

“Hunkered down” and “got on his mark”. Does this mean that Dean Smith out-sprinted Unai to win the race to sign big Wes?

• Haha 1

Â