Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

1 minute ago, lexicon said:

Two wingers were appalling today. Sure the simpletons will make that was Wes' fault somehow though.

Haha from the man who has made it everyone else's fault but wes

Hilarious and hypocritical in equal measure. 

• Like 1

Thought he played well, applied pressure where needed and made some good passes. Wesley also connected well with others when we were on the attack and was in there box, he made some vital passes in first half which could have easily broken down the whole move if he wasn't involved.

It's crazy to even think Wesley wasn't apart of this game throughout. He even did his own bit of time wasting along with the ball boy walking slow and Douglas Luiz kicking it into oblivion.

Wesley was one of the 14 who helped secure victory today, so yes I'm happy with the lads.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

I’m just so shocked by this after today’s game. A few mins to go and he was throwing himself at balls on the edge of our box to close down shots. Getting booked for stopping them taking a quick throw in then hassling Krul on the edge of his box a few minutes later. He can’t buy a goal, that’s for sure, but I’m staggered someone would watch today and call him lazy. 

For most of the second half, every other player is chasing and pressing when we don't have the ball. But this prick is wondering around, literally walking in our own half.

• Confused 2

3 minutes ago, DeepDish said:

We should buy strikers from PL or Championship. Too much of a gamble to buy the strikers who are great in Belgium and The Netherlands. I have said I would give him half a season to see if he would fit into the PL, but I have not seen much of an improvment in the recent matches.

Southampton paid 22 million Che Adams. 3rd highest scorer in Championship. Has done less than Wesley. 

Can think of a host of strikers who haven't made step up. Striker is the impossible position to sign unless you are moneybags and even Benteke, Lukaku and Morata looked poor at big clubs

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

For most of the second half, every other player is chasing and pressing when we don't have the ball. But this prick is wondering around, literally walking in our own half.

He was gone mentally and physically from the 70th minute on. Should've been subbed.

It was in the 68th minute or something he tried to chase down their defender bringing the ball out and when Hourihane didn't follow up on the next defender Wesley started mouthing off. You knew from that point on he was out of the match. 

Just now, Zatman said:

Southampton paid 22 million Che Adams. 3rd highest scorer in Championship. Has done less than Wesley. 

Can think of a host of strikers who haven't made step up. Striker is the impossible position to sign unless you are moneybags and even Benteke, Lukaku and Morata looked poor at big clubs

Yes, that is true. It is difficult, as we have seen with quite a few players we have signed also. We think we get superb quality when we pay 20 mill for a striker, but we are actually paying for superb quality in the league we buy from. And that is often not the same as quality in the PL.

1 minute ago, The Hawk said:

Was he a lone striker at Brugge or playing in a 2? 

He’s effectively a Heskey without the aerial ability to me. 

Played in a two or three IIRC. Played in a 1.1 with the wingers' performances today but still his fault I'm sure.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, KenjiOgiwara said:

He was gone mentally and physically from the 70th minute on. Should've been subbed.

It was in the 68th minute or something he tried to chase down their defender bringing the ball out and when Hourihane didn't follow up on the next defender Wesley started mouthing off. You knew from that point on he was out of the match. 

Subbed for who, hadn't we used all our subs 

Truth here it doesn't matter we bloody well won everyone needs to be happy about that because it all worked out.

• Like 1

I genuinly think his biggest problem is that he's so slow. Like I said in the match thread, his acceleration makes you think his thighs of made of concrete. 

It's beyond difficult to do well in the PL where the tempo is very high, pace is abundant and physical requirements means everything, when you move like a freight ship. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Like 1

Just now, Dave-R said:

No Lansbury came on in stoppage time.

Smith saw this clown literally walking around the pitch and thought he offered more than Kodjia.

1 minute ago, Dave-R said:

Truth here it doesn't matter we bloody well won everyone needs to be happy about that because it all worked out.

No. Lansbury came on later. I am sure of that. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Not how I saw it in the slightest but hey I guess that’s football. Sure plenty of times he was walking back in line with their back line but that’s where he is meant to be when the ball is past him - when he needed to be he was hustling, including the examples I cited in the last five mins. Thought he played well today in everything except threatening the goal. However, that’s precisely the problem - we need whoever plays up front for us to be threatening the goal! So I’m fine with criticism of him but I think ‘lazy’ is a bizarre one today.

Hopefully we can get another option in in Jan and see if Wes improves when he isn’t the only horse in town...

• Like 2

Â