Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

3 away games in a row against PL teams unbeaten. Given we were losing away games every match bar Norwich the first half of the season that is real progress.

A couple of signings there is no reason why we can’t give anyone a game at home as we have already played the top 3 at home who seem head and shoulders above the rest of the division.

I’m quite optimistic that we’ll be ok and will finish above Norwich and Bournemouth and also above at least one of Burnley, Newcastle, Brighton, Watford, West Ham.

Edited by Elton
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, Elton said:

3 away games in a row against PL teams unbeaten. Given we were losing away games every match bar Norwich the first half of the season that is real progress.

A couple of signings there is no reason why we can’t give anyone a game at home as we have already played the top 3 at home who seem head and shoulders above the rest of the division.

I’m quite optimistic that we’ll be ok and will finish above Norwich and Bournemouth and also above at least one of Burnley, Newcastle, Brighton, Watford, West Ham.

This wins the most optimistic post of the year so far 👍 Bravo

many VTers will not be able to cope with a post like this !!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Although logic may say West Ham will find some form and pull away from us, their next few fixtures couldn’t be much worse:

Leicester A

Liverpool H

Brighton H

Man C A

Liverpool A

Southampton H

Arsenal A

Wolves H

Spurs A

Chelsea H

• Haha 1

I’ve got a West Ham supporting mate at work. I’ve already told him that the last game of the season will be a straight up fight to stay up. Obviously I’d rather we are safe by then, but if it turned out that the winner of that game stayed up and the losers went down. I’d be very happy to see West Ham go down.

8 minutes ago, imavillan said:

This wins the most optimistic post of the year so far 👍 Bravo

many VTers will not be able to cope with a post like this !!!!

Ha, ha! To be honest if you can’t be optimistic about the football team you support, what’s the point? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Elton said:

Although logic may say West Ham will find some form and pull away from us, their next few fixtures couldn’t be much worse:

Leicester A

Liverpool H

Brighton H

Man C A

Liverpool A

Southampton H

Arsenal A

Wolves H

Spurs A

Chelsea H

There's a decent chance they'll lose all five away games.

Have to see what they do at home to likes of Brighton, Southampton and Wolves. I suspect they'll win two of those. Still only being on say 30 points with just 6 games left would really ramp the pressure up for them.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

There's a decent chance they'll lose all five away games.

Have to see what they do at home to likes of Brighton, Southampton and Wolves. I suspect they'll win two of those. Still only being on say 30 points with just 6 games left would really ramp the pressure up for them.

Yes and if they do lose those away games and drop into the relegation zone, you can imagine the negativity in their rented accommodation, making their home games extra difficult.

1 minute ago, useless said:

Exactly the kind of result that we're going to need between now and the end of the season, yet some talk as if we don't need to beat Watford just because they won't be anywhere near the bottom, as if that has anything to do with it, we need to beat a wide range of teams not just the three or four that we're in a relegation battle with.

Its because we don’t have a strike force at the moment. And their momentum is huge.