Midweek Football 6/9 May

andykeenan

1 hour ago, jones1328 said:

Honestly don't understand this sentiment towards fellow UK clubs when they're playing in the Champions League. Baffling.

Because we’re one of a handful of English clubs to win the European Cup, we don’t want anyone else joining that elite group.

Don’t want Spurs or City anywhere near the CL trophy. It was bad enough when Chelsea won it. For any team that has already won it, it makes little difference if they do so again.

Another point is that it’s a crap to have two teams from the same country in the final, because then it’s like a domestic cup.

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jones1328 said:

Honestly don't understand this sentiment towards fellow UK clubs when they're playing in the Champions League. Baffling.

What's the difference between wanting Spurs to win and wanting Ajax to win? Because one of them has a home stadium that's slightly closer to Villa Park? I don't really get the idea that where a team is from should have any bearing at all. 

What I do find baffling is support of other English clubs in Europe. Why would we want teams who are ultimately going to be our rivals, if we get where we want to be, gaining prestige, money and trophies to become a more attractive place for top players?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Another point is that it’s a crap to have two teams from the same country in the final, because then it’s like a domestic cup.

Liverpool vs Spurs in the CL 

Arsenal vs Chelsea in the EL 

:puke:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

What's the difference between wanting Spurs to win and wanting Ajax to win? Because one of them has a home stadium that's slightly closer to Villa Park? I don't really get the idea that where a team is from should have any bearing at all. 

What I do find baffling is support of other English clubs in Europe. Why would we want teams who are ultimately going to be our rivals, if we get where we want to be, gaining prestige, money and trophies to become a more attractive place for top players?

Yep, if anything Ajax are the team other than villa I grew up watching, loved that mid 90s team, they mean a lot more to me than spurs or Liverpool 

Agree with the 2nd point too, all it does is widen the gap, who wants that?

Â