Midweek Football 6/9 May

andykeenan

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

Would be a disaster for UEFA and the sponsors if all 4 sides in the 2 finals are from England 

Not sure they would, Spanish police might be more worried than UEFA. Not sure many fans will travel to Azerbaijan for Europa League final

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

Not sure they would, Spanish police might be more worried than UEFA. Not sure many fans will travel to Azerbaijan for Europa League final

Depends how many want to go and get the atmosphere or how many want to go and throw locals into fountains and the chairs through cafe windows. I expect a shed load of negative press off these finals because of fan trouble, 

On that subject I thought the ticket allocation for the CL final was a joke with both club's only getting 16,500 tickets each, but the EL allocation for arsenal and Chelsea is 6000 each, in 68000 seater stadium. 

22 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

Depends how many want to go and get the atmosphere or how many want to go and throw locals into fountains and the chairs through cafe windows. I expect a shed load of negative press off these finals because of fan trouble, 

On that subject I thought the ticket allocation for the CL final was a joke with both club's only getting 16,500 tickets each, but the EL allocation for arsenal and Chelsea is 6000 each, in 68000 seater stadium. 

I dont want tarnish genuine fans but Madrid isnt far away compared to Moscow for 2008 and Baku for Europa. So i would imagine a few rocket polishers will make the trip over to cause trouble 

As for tickets its farcical and getting worse

I know it would be a hassle and it's why it can't be done, but it's a shame in the case of two teams from the same nation reach a European final that it can't be played within that nation. Baku is a real massive distance, and I read elsewhere Mkhitaryan is banned from the country due to his nationality!? 

They should do an FA Cup, Europa League, Champions League triple header at Wembley! 

Out of the 57 players that helped their teams progress to the CL and EL final this week 11 were English.

That's quite impressive.

Not as much if you consider that all 4 teams are English I guess.

And as for the managers...

Edited by sne

7 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

They should do an FA Cup, Europa League, Champions League triple header at Wembley! 

The FA and UEFA family would mean 25 tickets divided by 6 for the real fans 

8 hours ago, sne said:

Out of the 57 players that helped their teams progress to the CL and EL final this week 11 were English.

That's quite impressive.

Not as much if you consider that all 4 teams are English I guess.

And as for the managers...

Arsenal and Chelsea are English in name only.

9 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

So City for the title, Liverpool for the CL and Chelsea for the EL. 

Liverpool, Spurs and Chelsea for me. 

Liverpool because I want City to win as few trophies as possible despite spending an entire country's GDP every season. They're also closing in on our trophy haul. 

Spurs because I like em and it would be a massive achievement.

Chelsea because they've already passed the point where they've had enough success over the years so one more trophy is nothing. Plus they've already won it and Arsenal haven't. Even though I don't mind Arsenal, would rather they don't have a European cup to their name.

10 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Liverpool, Spurs and Chelsea for me. 

Liverpool because I want City to win as few trophies as possible despite spending an entire country's GDP every season. They're also closing in on our trophy haul. 

Spurs because I like em and it would be a massive achievement.

Chelsea because they've already passed the point where they've had enough success over the years so one more trophy is nothing. Plus they've already won it and Arsenal haven't. Even though I don't mind Arsenal, would rather they don't have a European cup to their name.

They beat Parma in 1994 to win the cup winner’s cup.

They nearly retained it but Mohamed Alí Amar AKA Nayim had other ideas.

• Like 2

Derby had a penalty given, then rescinded, dubiously, then a Leeds player gets a yellow card for a headbutt.

The referee wants shooting.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Haha 1

Â