Midweek Football 6/9 May

andykeenan

7 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Tadic has 34 goals this season, 9 in the Champions League, just wow, what a transformation.

I thought he was very good for Southampton and never understood why sold him for such a low price, was always among top assisters in the league

Just now, jones1328 said:

Honestly don't understand this sentiment towards fellow UK clubs when they're playing in the Champions League. Baffling.

Baffling that anyone would want a British club to win because they're British, a total neanderthal perspective.

12 minutes ago, jones1328 said:

Honestly don't understand this sentiment towards fellow UK clubs when they're playing in the Champions League. Baffling.

It depends on who's playing really.  We as Villa fans do not want anyone joining our elite club of English teams to win the biggest trophy.  So you will find everyone that wanted Liverpool to lose to Barca will be willing them to beat Spurs if they get through.

But as others have said any team playing  against continental opposition will be willed to lose!  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Baffling that anyone would want a British club to win because they're British, a total neanderthal perspective.

Depends who it is really. Man. United or Chelsea, certainly not. Spurs no as being a London club and it being them the media would be just as bad as if Liverpool won it. Don't have an issue with Arsenal.

With Fulham a few years back in europa final I was nearly as disappointed as with us losing the league cup final the same year so if it's a non threatening underdog like them most of the country would get behind a story like that.

7 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

It depends on who's playing really.  We as Villa fans do not want anyone joining our elite club of English teams to win the biggest trophy.  So you will find everyone that wanted Liverpool to lose to Barca will be willing them to beat Spurs if they get through.

But as others have said any team playing  against continental opposition will be willed to lose!  

Hmmm, this depends on the opposition I think.

Ok, if Liverpool play Spurs in the final there would be some, probably a lot supporting Liverpool for that reason, keep it an exclusive group.

But if Liverpool or Man Utd were in the champions league final against, say...Leicester, I reckon most would choose to want Leicester to join the club than have “six times la’” or the United fans going on about how their rough patch has finally ended.

I don't really care if an existing English EC/CL winner wins the tournament, but I'd be **** gutted if Spuds did.

I hope they go back to getting a nose bleed whenever their team is above 9th.

• Like 2

A lot can happen the next 45 min, but so far Ajax just look miles better at everything. At most likely 10% of the budget. 

To paraphrase Zlatan "anything they can do with a ball, Ajax can do with an orange". 

This reminds me of seeing the English national team being schooled in tournaments. Just not quick enough, not enough off ball movement, not good enough individual ability. Just not as good as they have to be, despite the expectations. 

Â