The Biased Broadcasting Corporation

bickster

I know MOTD is like a quintessential part of British culture and it was huge growing up and the only way you could watch highlights, but i wouldn’t lose much sleep if it was ever pulled these days. For the last 3 years I’ve watched all the 3pm kick off highlights on a Saturday at around 6 on the sky sports app. Modern punditry is gash. The carragher, neville, Keane stuff is purely comedic tv. Doesn’t add value or make me think differently about the game. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

My current bet is that it's hosted by Linekar, in an embarrassing climb down.

Wayne Lineker!

It's interesting than on Thursday he seemed to think it was sorted and he'd be presenting MOTD. 

Anyone else reckon after his direct spat with Braverman, when they got wind of this they intervened? What changes from discussions he clearly had with BBC management on Thursday to Friday? 

2 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

I know MOTD is like a quintessential part of British culture and it was huge growing up and the only way you could watch highlights, but i wouldn’t lose much sleep if it was ever pulled these days. For the last 3 years I’ve watched all the 3pm kick off highlights on a Saturday at around 6 on the sky sports app. Modern punditry is gash. The carragher, neville, Keane stuff is purely comedic tv. Doesn’t add value or make me think differently about the game. 

I don't really watch MOTD for clever insights, though, I'm mostly just interested in their views around "controversial" decisions.  I'm not fussed about the tactical analysis they do, but having likeable (OK, not Danny Murphy) people talking about football in an entertaining enough way is a good bit of fill.

• Like 3

Just now, sidcow said:

I enjoy MOTD but I will only watch it if we haven't lost. 

Well yeah, that's a given.  I'm masochistic enough just watching Villa, let alone re-running the losses :D 

31 minutes ago, delboy54 said:

I still find it odd that labour say the BBC is biased towards the Tories

And

The Tories say that the BBC is biased towards labour

This current argument is, as someone said on this thread, is becoming a mountain out of a mole hill. Very well paid pundit paid to talk bo**ocks on MOTD for sum total of 15 mins per week makes a comment on Twitter......

Meanwhile 

There is a war going on in Ukraine, people are struggling to pay for food and keep themselves warm in this Country, loads of other bad stuff going on and yet loads of people are getting hot and frothy about Lineker

Even the BBC lead with the Lineker story this evening....I am sorry I really just dont get it...am I the only one ?

No u ain't,  but that's populist politics for u.

What I can't believe is the lack of accountability when it come to Boris , £800k and the appointment of the head of the BBC, its unbelievable, are we all idiots? 

• Like 2

I'd love to be a fly on the wall at The BBC tonight. There will be firefighting meetings going on all over the shop. I bet you can't get a meeting room. 

Hopefully the bosses are comprehensively living it out through WhatsApp so when the unfair dismissal case comes in they can all be read out in court. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I'd love to be a fly on the wall at The BBC tonight. There will be firefighting meetings going on all over the shop. I bet you can't get a meeting room. 

Hopefully the bosses are comprehensively living it out through WhatsApp so when the unfair dismissal case comes in they can all be read out in court. 

Alan Titchmarsh for MOTD LOL

Â