Racism Part two

Demitri_C

16 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I've been called a racist on FB twice in the last week. 

Once because I said I can't stand hip hop. 

And once because I suggested to an African guy that he should support a local team rather than Manchester United. 

I find people throw the racist card alot of the dumbest things. Its happened on here as well. 

Its like they do it to try win a argument they losing so you will back off

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Bit like the story I saw on Facebook the other day. MOst popular baby name in 2022 was Mohammed.

"ThAt MeAnS tHeRe'S mOrE mUzLiMz BeInG bOrN tHaN wHiTeS!!1!"

No it doesn't you thick shit

It wasn't even most popular it was about 6th.  Not that it would placate the Daily Mail morons though.

Seen the recent stats on the 'minority white' articles and couldn't help reading this article thinking the BBC was bound to have a balanced view on why immigration is good for the UK. Instead they had an article explaining how the percentages Farage used were wrong. 

"Why Nigel Farage is wrong about London being 'minority white"

By Reality Check

BBC News

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/63806518

8 minutes ago, tinker said:

Seen the recent stats on the 'minority white' articles and couldn't help reading this article thinking the BBC was bound to have a balanced view on why immigration is good for the UK. Instead they had an article explaining how the percentages Farage used were wrong. 

By Reality Check

BBC News

The data is right as london isnt a very white city anymore buts irrelevant who cares if a city is predominately white black green as long as they work and contribute or try do things the right way who cares where they from

Reports like this are utterly pointless point scoring exercise for their egos

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

He's one of Britain's brightest talents. How anyone could dare to question his nationality is a mystery to me. They should be begging him to identify as British.

• Like 2

Just now, HKP90 said:

He's one of Britain's brightest talents. How anyone could dare to question his nationality is a mystery to me. They should be begging him to identify as British.

Agree entirely. 

40 minutes ago, tinker said:

By Reality Check

BBC News

Its a fact checking article, its not there to provide a balanced view on immigration, its there to counter Farage's lies. It's not the article to pick for a balanced view on immigration

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bickster said:

Its a fact checking article, its not there to provide a balanced view on immigration, its there to counter Farage's lies. It's not the article to pick for a balanced view on immigration

Yep.....but it's his opinion is what's most wrong not his figures and the BBC should run an article on that as well as a his poor grasp on percentages. 

3 minutes ago, tinker said:

Yep.....but it's his opinion is what's most wrong not his figures and the BBC should run an article on that as well as a his poor grasp on percentages. 

But that is what the article does, it says he's wrong without offering an opinion. Thats what fact checking articles do.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

The data is right as london isnt a very white city anymore buts irrelevant who cares if a city is predominately white black green as long as they work and contribute or try do things the right way who cares where they from

Reports like this are utterly pointless point scoring exercise for their egos

The data is saying that London is still a majority white city. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Love him, love what he's saying about where he's from. I've seen him in films and being interviewed. An intelligent, wise, articulate man. The kind of person we should all aspire to be. 

So why does he rap with some shit affected American 'hood' accent? 

Yo, yo, sup? Hear what I'm sayin'? 

Edited by Anthony
Grammar
  • Like 2

The problem with the claim that white people are a minority in Birmingham, say, is that it lumps together all other races, ethnicities and minorities.

It seeks to create an effect, and mostly achieves it by suggesting a homogenity, which does not exist, either in the white or non-white population.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

The problem with the claim that white people are a minority in Birmingham, say, is that it lumps together all other races, ethnicities and minorities.

I saw two leavers pics from my grammar school in aston; one was 1984 and the other was 2021. Both roughly about 50 in the pics but the older pic had 3 black or Asian faces whereas the more recent photo showed about 6 white ones. 

As a son of immigrants, the comparison was of great interest, but I wouldn't use it as any kind of benchmark 

1 hour ago, Anthony said:

Love him, love what he's saying about where he's from. I've seen him in films and being interviewed. An intelligent, wise, articulate man. The kind of person we should all aspire to be. 

So why does he rap with some shit affected American 'hood' accent? 

Yo, yo, sup? Hear what I'm sayin'? 

I'm hearing nothing American in there at all?  It's very LAANDAN.

7 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I'm hearing nothing American in there at all?  It's very LAANDAN.

Maybe because I live in that there Landen I can't hear it; all I hear is affected Murcan, with a British twist. The main point though, is it's not how he normally talks. Perhaps a question could be, is his accent fake, or is he adopting a persona?

1 hour ago, mottaloo said:

As a son of immigrants, the comparison was of great interest, but I wouldn't use it as any kind of benchmark 

I think Critical Race Theory is a divisive and socially destructive philosophy, which given the evidence that many non-white groups are actually more successful than a large proportion of the white population, it seems to be false in its analysis and conclusion.

I would accept that in previous decades, white people would have enjoyed a much greater amount of social capital than recently arrived immigrants, but the evidence, such as you cite above, shows that that has changed, and in many metrics of success, poor whites are doing a lot worse than their assumed privilege would predict.

So, even though the evidence is anecdotal, I still think it is a benchmark of sorts.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mottaloo said:

I saw two leavers pics from my grammar school in aston; one was 1984 and the other was 2021. Both roughly about 50 in the pics but the older pic had 3 black or Asian faces whereas the more recent photo showed about 6 white ones. 

There are two grammar schools near me and it’s evident when passing them that it’s predominantly Asians that attend them both although I would say the catchment area is majority white. 

The demand to get in too these grammar schools has never been higher and I think it’s mainly due to how shit the public school alternatives are.  Many second and even third generation Asians (Indians in particular) are investing a lot of time and money in their kids educations.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Many second and even third generation Asians (Indians in particular) are investing a lot of time and money in their kids educations.

That argument was put to me by an Indian (Sikh) who I used to work with, sadly a Wolves fan. I asked him why there weren't more Asian footballers; he rerckoned it was because the (Indian) families wanted their boys to be in the Professions;- Doctors, Lawyers, Acoountants etc. Nothing to do with racism incidentally.

• Like 1

Â