Racism Part two

Demitri_C

3 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Peel statues are being eyed seemingly due a website collating statues of racists deciding that founding the police was a heinous act.

I'm all for less statues of bastards, but unless I'm mistaken I'm not sure Peel is particularly notable for any racist action. And starting the police doesn't count.

Is that an actual thing, there are people out there that genuinely think that?  

46 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

someone took the law in their own hands, ‘broke’ the law and now we have a chance for more good than bad to come of it.

The thing for me is, just as one individual, as soon as I found out who the statue was of, so a bit after the news said it had been plonked in the water,  I thought "Yeah, that's the right thing to happen". For me, personally I know it was technically illegal, and a health hand safety bod would have had a fit at the technique used, but basically it was a minor (ish) infringement of the law which absolutely is overridden by the clear benefit brought about by doing it. Many thousands, even hundreds of thousands of folk have become better aware of a hidden (in plain sight) and overlooked "wrong". All the council debates that never got round to addressing this wrong have suddenly jumped to the top of the agenda, happened and statues to Slave bods are being removed from open public parks and streets, as they should have been long ago. And symbols of oppression of Black people being removed does matter. It's only a small step, but it's definitely a good one.

I get that different people will see the statue as "bad" vandalism that's just not acceptable, but for me it's (in this case) most definitely not only acceptable, but was really right and necessary.

• Like 3

Just now, chrisp65 said:

We’re about 3 posts from this turning in to a thread about bad taxidermy.

I **** love bad taxidermy.

I've been howling at bad waxworks for the last 10 minutes.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

22732.4.jpg

Black bloke who dyed his skin white and built a funfair for young boys to come and visit and stay over at his ranch. Impossible to know where to pitch him in the current climate

1 minute ago, Follyfoot said:

Black bloke who dyed his skin white and built a funfair for young boys to come and visit and stay over at his ranch. Impossible to know where to pitch him in the current climate

That was kinda the joke.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

We’re about 3 posts from this turning in to a thread about bad taxidermy.

I **** love bad taxidermy.

Well, we're all stuffed then.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

That was kinda the joke.

I need words to back up visuals or I generally do not get it

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Is that an actual thing, there are people out there that genuinely think that?  

Advocating pulling down the statue on Pershore Road, the website notes

Robert Peel created the modern concept of policing, which has disproportionately targeted the poor and ethnic minorities world-wide for centuries

Link

Which is genuinely moronic.

Edited by Chindie
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

He had the skin condition vitiligo, it wasn't blee-heeach

michael jackson dancing GIF

Â