Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

42 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Haven't been in this thread for a while (obviously), but there is no way that Man Utd stamp on Ibrahimovic was accidental :D  He knew exactly what he was doing and saw the opportunity.  From memory, Ibra threw Mings to the ground, then elbowed him in the head and then tried to stamp on him immediately before Mings caught his head (wasn't a full stamp, but that was the intent I guess)... and then Ibra elbowed him again.

All happened in sod all time, too!

The Zlatan stamp he gets tripped before but he tries to jump over him and then I think he sees who it is and leaves one on

Truth is referee should have sent Zlatan off before for the elbow to avoid all this but a home red card at Old Trafford is unthinkable

12 hours ago, WooJung said:

I really want to like Mings but the way he needlessly came out for the first goal, leaving a hughe gap behind him is the reason people say he's crap.

Which he isn't, because he also offers great performances, but such silly, needless mistakes are the reason he's in Dubai and not in Doha.

Weird isn't it, whys he there? Its bad defending that he doesn't need to do

That said he then slips which was unlucky and the guy is still a long way from goal, I'm more concerned about Chambers standing off rather than mings being overly committed, almost like mings shouldn't do it but he can because there's 3 defenders behind him

Chambers by the look of it to me is trying to slow the attacker down enough to get konsa (maybe mings would have recovered if he hadn't slipped) to make the tackle from the wrong side rather than having to do it himself but at the same time he's doing a really bad job of that too

I'm sure it was vs utd in the cup we conceded a goal from Chambers standing off and passing the attacker on in our own 6 yard box

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

Haven't been in this thread for a while (obviously), but there is no way that Man Utd stamp on Ibrahimovic was accidental :D  He knew exactly what he was doing and saw the opportunity.  From memory, Ibra threw Mings to the ground, then elbowed him in the head and then tried to stamp on him immediately before Mings caught his head (wasn't a full stamp, but that was the intent I guess)... and then Ibra elbowed him again.

All happened in sod all time, too!

28 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I’ve just watched it back several times. I was unconvinced at the time of the incident, I remain unconvinced. I can’t find the clip in real time, which would be useful.  

I’m going to clarify my post a bit. 

I’ve said in a previous post that I think the Zlatan stamp was accidental. 

I’m of that opinion because I can’t conclusively be of the opinion that it was deliberate. So my conclusion is based on the benefit of the doubt more than anything else.

To give an alternative example, I can conclude beyond a reasonable doubt in my mind that Eric Cantona deliberately meant to stamp on John Moncur. I can’t do likewise with Mings at Old Trafford.

16 hours ago, WooJung said:

I really want to like Mings but the way he needlessly came out for the first goal, leaving a hughe gap behind him is the reason people say he's crap.

Which he isn't, because he also offers great performances, but such silly, needless mistakes are the reason he's in Dubai and not in Doha.

just watched the goal back. the guy had 3 villa players around him when he shot who made zero effort to stop the shot, not to mention that whilst mings had 'needlessly came out' there were 4 villa defenders behind the ball covering, including augustinson and chambers who were not high enough and playing the guy onside...yet it's mings that you're singling out?? unbelievable. this is why people call others out for having an agenda...because quite frankly, there is one.

• Like 4

On 09/12/2022 at 16:12, tomav84 said:

just watched the goal back. the guy had 3 villa players around him when he shot who made zero effort to stop the shot, not to mention that whilst mings had 'needlessly came out' there were 4 villa defenders behind the ball covering, including augustinson and chambers who were not high enough and playing the guy onside...yet it's mings that you're singling out?? unbelievable. this is why people call others out for having an agenda...because quite frankly, there is one.

Oh I'm sorry, I think he made a mistake, I point that out and I'm supposed to have an agenda? 

Even though I defend Mings a lot more than I criticise me?

You don't even know my stance on him, but from a single post you have established I have an agenda. "Unbelievable"

36 minutes ago, WooJung said:

Oh I'm sorry, I think he made a mistake, I point that out and I'm supposed to have an agenda? 

Even though I defend Mings a lot more than I criticise me?

You don't even know my stance on him, but from a single post you have established I have an agenda. "Unbelievable"

because it's a theme on here. that numerous times where other players are more to blame for goals, he is singled out.

you literally said "i want to like mings", meaning that you don't. is there any other way to interpret that?

2 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

you literally said "i want to like mings", meaning that you don't. is there any other way to interpret that?

Yes ... eg like I want to like all my Villa players. It says nothing about my likes, dislikes, or lack of likes I have for my Villa players.

All Woo Jung is describing (albeit carelessly) is his "want".

Just now, fruitvilla said:

Yes ... eg like I want to like all my Villa players. It says nothing about my likes, dislikes, or lack of likes I have for my Villa players.

All Woo Jung is describing (albeit carelessly) is his "want".

he said "i want to like mings but..." personally there's no other way to interpret it but whatevs. still doesn't change how it was him being singled out yet there were 3 players that could've stopped the shot and did f all who he chose not to mention

and i don't mean to go in on Woo Jung...it's just constant on here that at times it seems that every goal we concede, someone looks to pin it on mings somehow. it's like he's held to a higher standard than everyone else which i guess could be looked at as a compliment, but still doesn't make the constant theme of "mings made another mistake" any less tiresome

For the record "I like Mings". Does he make mistakes ... of course he does. All football players do.  I think he comes in for a lot of undeserved flak.

Having said that, the "but" goes on to explain why WooJung thinks Mings comes in for that flak. My objection is more cerebral, one of semantics and logic. I don't think we can infer WooJung dislikes (or lacks like for) Mings. He may well dislike Mings or does not like (fancy) Mings, but he has not said it.

I am being pedantic here.

England would still be in the World Cup if Tyrone was playing…

That first French goal would have never gone in as Tyrone would have blocked it…

Tyrone would have scored that header that Maguire missed…

Tyrone would have stopped the second goal going in as well…

12 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

That first French goal would have never gone in as Tyrone would have blocked it…

Giroud had two good chances in three minutes as Maguire let him drift. We've seen with Mings againsy Haaland etc. That he can make it difficult for this kind of player so maybe... 

1 hour ago, DJ_Villain said:

He'd have scored at least 4 goals by this stage too

• Haha 1

And in l seriousness its impossible to tell but mings' strongest ability is seemingly to talk and command

The second goal not only has maguire lost him but stones isn't aware he's behind him, stones takes half a step back and he can deal with the run but he needs the shout

You'd llike to think the chance giroud missed where he was stood alone in the middle of ppenalty box doesn't happen with tys talking

Edited by villa4europe

1 hour ago, DJ_Villain said:

But then he'd have gifted them a goal out of nowhere ;) 

My dads racist, so despite being a Villa fan he can’t stand Mings and continually singles him out for criticism.

Now I can’t say that is therefore the same for everyone else who singles him out on here but there’s a real world example of what I believe tends to be the fundamental issue that those who single him out have.

51 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

My dads racist, so despite being a Villa fan he can’t stand Mings

He must have a fun time watching villa then.  Half the team are black.  Or any football actually. Lol

21 hours ago, tomav84 said:

because it's a theme on here. that numerous times where other players are more to blame for goals, he is singled out.

The fact that it's a theme has nothing to do with me. 

"I want to like Mings " is not incompatible with "I actually do like Mings because he brings a lot to the team, but there are some patterns in his game which are particularly frustrating which make him a bit harder to like at times"

You may notice I also specifically said he isn't crap.

And yet your first reaction was to accuse me of having an agenda (whatever that means) against him. Which I very well may not have even if I didn't like or rate him.

3 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

My dads racist, so despite being a Villa fan he can’t stand Mings and continually singles him out for criticism.

Now I can’t say that is therefore the same for everyone else who singles him out on here but there’s a real world example of what I believe tends to be the fundamental issue that those who single him out have.

Why does he single Mings out and not...Watkins? Or Bailey? Or Konsa?

Will one of those take his place whenever he leaves.

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

Why does he single Mings out and not...Watkins? Or Bailey? Or Konsa?

Will one of those take his place whenever he leaves.

a lot of the mings criticism started when he was pictured at a black lives matter march and he's been quite outspoken about the issues

i've thought before that's why he gets a lot of criticism so interesting to hear a real world example

• Like 2

Â