Winter Transfers 18/19

sne

2 hours ago, siminjo said:

Why don`t you want him? I would be overly happy if we got him. It`s a deal that only runs until the end of season, and he is exactly the type of player we need, dynamic dmc who can pick a pass, albeit i give you he is not young but 31 isen`t to old either considering it is a 6 months deal.

Aside from the fact I don't think he is particularly good I would question his motivation for coming to us especially for 6 months.

I'm sick and tired of sticking plaster signings.

39 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Aside from the fact I don't think he is particularly good I would question his motivation for coming to us especially for 6 months.

I'm sick and tired of sticking plaster signings.

Yes, he's clearly looking to get himself properly match fit and sharp after two years playing at an absolute joke of a level in order to get a move to a more 'respectable' club in a top flight league. If we signed him it would show that our strategy is fundamentally flawed and past mistakes would continue to be repeated. Signing a younger player with upside on a longer term deal, or even promoting a player like Doyle-Hayes into the match day squad would be a much better signal.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

gelson martins on loan to monaco from atletico

bakary sako released from the baggies and signs for palace

sanabria on loan to genoa from betis (FM players will know...)

Cedric on loan to inter milan from southampton (vrsalkjo has done his knee, needs surgery)

joel campbell gone to mexican team leon from frosinone

vagner love signed for corinthians on a free transfer from besiktas

moses on loan to fenerbahce from chelsea

miazga on loan to reading from chelsea

bacuna to cardiff from reading

jerome sinclair from watford to oxford on loan

leo baptistao to a chinese club from espanyol for £5m

ruben sobrino to valencia from alaves for £5m

kevin n'koudou to monaco on loan from spurs

almiron to newcastle from atlanta for £24m

bruma on loan to schalke from wolfsburg

antonio barreca to newcastle on loan from monaco

mitroglu to galatasaray from marseille on loan

denis suarez to arsenal on loan from barca

giovinvo to al hilal from toronto

lisandro lopez to boca on loan from benfica

• Thanks 1

How the **** has Bacuna ended up back in the prem!?

Just think - a professional scout (multiple professional scouts to be fair), has watched him and thought him to be a good football player capable of playing at the highest level effectively.

If that doesn't prove that football is all about opinions then I don't know what will.

• Like 2

its shit that monaco have gone from the incredible young (apart from falcao) attacking team to this, scrambling round for old heads to get them out of the shit, maybe the worst of it is they went and bought a load of probably too young high potential talents

sold - mbappe, lemar, fabinho, mendy, bernardo silva, diallo, bakayoko, sold £460m worth of players!

bought - henrichs, guebbels, keita balde, tielemans, pellegri, panzo

tielemans is about to join leicester on loan, jovetic is being shipped out, keita balde is already on loan at inter, ghezzal sold to leicester, barreca just joined newcastle on loan, grandsir out on loan, kongolo and diakhaby sold to huddersfield, pele loaned to forest, meite sold to torino! in the last 18 months they have got rid of 10 players that they have bought in the same period, £112m worth of players...

they are a shambles, almost tempted to say a victim of their own success, i think leicester are slightly different because of the squad they did it with (although they lost kante, mahrez, nearly lost vardy, maybe surprisingly no one ever serious about buying schmeichel) but it just shows to me how shit modern football is

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Just think - a professional scout (multiple professional scouts to be fair), has watched him and thought him to be a good football player capable of playing at the highest level effectively.

If that doesn't prove that football is all about opinions then I don't know what will.

I saw an article that said they were looking for a CM and a full back, that’s both positions filled inadequately then.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

"versatile"

As long as your "versatile" you'll get a **** game under any British manager going.

kagawa has gone to besiktas on loan

adrien silva has gone to monaco on loan from leicester, the ball ache they had to get him doesnt seem worth it now! if it is a swap for tielemans though thats potentially a good bit of business

19 year old english CB ben wilmot gone to udinese on loan from watford

bony to al arabi in qatar on loan

sam vokes to stoke from burnley

leo bonatini to forest on loan from wolves

sandro to udinese on loan from genoa (somehow still only 29)

lucas piazon to chievo on loan from chelsea, been there 7 years, played one game, this is loan number 6

bolasie on loan to anderlecht

jefferson montero to baggies on loan from swansea

rolando aarons on loan to sheff wed from newcastle

jacob murphy on to baggies on loan from newcastle

andy king to derby on loan from leicester

jeremy toljan to celtic on loan from dortmund

Â