Winter Transfers 18/19

sne

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Sell on clause.....?:ph34r:

If there was one I'm sure Xia has somehow already cashed in on it.

Probably end up having to pay Everton or PSG if he goes :D 

6 hours ago, Czechlad said:

Good player that Tim horribly mismanaged, but he is not PSG quality. If he will be used as a rotation player, then yes good pick up but not for that fee. 

PSG don't actually have that many CMs:

Veratti (injury prone)

Rabiot (moving to Barca)

Lassana Diarra (thought he was about 40 by now!)

Angel Di Maria (plays a bit more centrally for them given their front three)

Draxler (advanced)

Nkunku (young kid)

Also been playing Marquinhos as a DM this season.

Gana would play a fair bit there.

Just now, sne said:

If there was one I'm sure Xia has somehow already cashed in on it.

Probably end up having to pay Everton or PSG if he goes :D 

I did wonder, can remember reading we sold the clauses in Westwood and Sanchez deal but nothing on likes of Gana and Amavi. That's of course if we even inserted them in first place but considering Gana went for low fee which was part of his get-out clause it has to be a must I'm sure.

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

You have to respect any British player who is prepared to play abroad and get away from the Premier League 'comfort zone', very few have the balls to do it.

Yep, and a big part of why England have underperformed for so long in my opinion. 

• Like 3

the youngsters now are, fair few of them, i think its more exciting and more important for the english game than these youth level cup wins, i think the penny has dropped, lots of good young prospects going to big european clubs, spurs seem to be losing all their best young players to europe

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

You have to respect any British player who is prepared to play abroad and get away from the Premier League 'comfort zone', very few have the balls to do it.

The main reason  is the wages they get here far superseed what they can get abroad so there's no incentive to leave .

• Like 1

Arnautovic has told West Ham he wants them to accept a bid of £36 million from China so he can move there. His brother (also his agent) has released a statement stating that West Ham bought him for peanuts (£20 million) to keep them up last year, he did that & it is now his great desire to go to a new market & challenge for titles.

Aka I want a buttload of money while tearing up an easy league. 

I dislike China, but understand the players for taking the deals. It's a massive cultural difference there though. A lot of big names have struggled. 

• Like 1

I know wages over here are high but a couple of years there secures your kids & grandkids & probably even their kids futures for life. Well worth putting up with the cultural differences for a couple of years, especially with the Football side of things being far easier than a premier league season. Honestly think anyone would be mad not to go if offered the chance.

Hmm I'm a bit torn on it really. I dislike good players going there in the prime of their careers, but 29 Anautovic who currently plays for West Ham? He's hardly going to be winning trophies there any time soon. At the end of the day, it's a job and if he's being offered £200k a week to go to China as reported, he'd be crazy not to. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Hmm I'm a bit torn on it really. I dislike good players going there in the prime of their careers, but 29 Anautovic who currently plays for West Ham? He's hardly going to be winning trophies there any time soon. At the end of the day, it's a job and if he's being offered £200k a week to go to China as reported, he'd be crazy not to. 

There was talk of Man. United wanting him in the summer.

Chelsea making a move would actually make sense. He could link up and interchange with Hazard. Chelsea want Higuain who is two years older.

China is easy move. Are the foreign players actually allowed to use the internet over there? (thicko alert!)

the thing with arnautovic for me is he's ok, he's a 7/10 player at best, linked with £40-50m moves to utd and chelsea? i know scouting in this country has gone to the dogs but **** me, he's 29 no resale value, 4 or 5 year contract which means you'll be stuck with him for the last 2 years of that deal with him good enough for 10 games a season mainly in the cups

if he wants to move then china is the one that makes sense, same with dembele (but to a lesser extent because im sure someone would have snapped him up on a free in the summer)

i think the other thing is its really easy to slap down the chinese league (and china in general) but in reality there are some really exciting world class cities to live in out there, i know he's in london but if someone was offering £200k a week to live in shanghai or beijing (dembele is beijing) id snap their hand off, your life would be incredible

Â