Match Thread: Villa v Stoke

limpid

3 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Whelan has done fairly well to be fair. If we were to go more attacking I'd be inclined to take Hourihane off. 

He’s good as DM , protect back 4.. yes Hourihane should be off & O hare to come in perhaps .. we are too predictable only going to the wings.. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Whelan has done fairly well to be fair. If we were to go more attacking I'd be inclined to take Hourihane off. 

Hourihane looks better where Whelan has been playing, a few times he was on the edge of the box where Grealish would invent something and he's not got what it takes to do something special there, he does the right thing and keeps possession but we won't be cutting through them like that.

Smith might change it straight after half time. They are comfortable with the type of cross we've been knocking in. Weather not helped us or the atmosphere. Oh and Stoke are dirty as ****.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Digavilla said:

He’s good as DM , protect back 4.. yes Hourihane should be off & O hare to come in perhaps .. we are too predictable only going to the wings.. 

This.

Need more coming through the middle

9 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Thats the thing, he has done "fairly well", but doing what exactly?

In a game like this we need players who can carve open space down the middle.

Whelan is just a safe pair of hands.

If nothing changes this reminds of the game under Bruce where we literally did the same thing (Crossing from the wings) for the whole game even though it was clear it wasn't working.

Think Dean might need to have a go for it here. I undersrand he is trying to do the right thing but as it stands this will either end in a stalemate or us losing 1 - 0.

Obviously conditions and injuries aren't helping at all either.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1