Blose pre match

Demitri_C

I agree we need jedinak for this one but in cm. But then who do we drop? Can't drop hourihane mcginn or grealish. That leaves kodjia or adomah only. Which would leave us exposed for width.

This one concerns me as lucckzwiesk or whatever his name is in good form. However he is slow as hell.  Have to expose that. 

At least thwir will be 39k of villans drowning out the unwashed. Bring it on.

3 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I don’t agree we need Jedinak to me that seems like Bruce thinking. 

I’m don’t want us going into games, particularly at home, changing our team to try and deal with a threat from the opposition, let them worry about us.

As you rightly say Jedinak can’t goninto the defence and putting him in the midfield throws up different issues.

So I wouldn’t pick him, let’s take the game to them and let them worry about us.

I'd be tempted to agree, but the last couple of games vs this lot Jedinak has been immense.

I'd probably put him in but I trust Smith to do what's best.

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

I'd be tempted to agree, but the last couple of games vs this lot Jedinak has been immense.

I'd probably put him in but I trust Smith to do what's best.

You both might be right, I’m just tired of a cautious approach. I’m not particularly a fan of Jedinak despite his ability in the air but it might be the right game for him, tough one for Smith. I’m not sure who he would drop, I’d say Hourihane is the logical choice.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

You both might be right, I’m just tired of a cautious approach. I’m not particularly a fan of Jedinak despite his ability in the air but it might be the right game for him, tough one for Smith. I’m not sure who he would drop, I’d say Hourihane is the logical choice.

Yes while Jedinak has been great in these types of games I have no doubt whatsoever that Deano will keep Hourihane and will be all over them from the first whistle. 

In fact its difficult to see Jedinak getting much of a look in for the rest of the season barring major injuries. 

Edited by villaglint
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

I’m don’t want us going into games, particularly at home, changing our team to try and deal with a threat from the opposition, let them worry about us.

As you rightly say Jedinak can’t goninto the defence and putting him in the midfield throws up different issues.

So I wouldn’t pick him, let’s take the game to them and let them worry about us.

Completely agree, absolutely no need to change the midfield after Saturday's performance.

Jedinak is useful in the air but he won't be as active in the deep role as Hourihane is, it's now part of our game to press and show some energy going forward and we need to continue this.

We shouldn't be having to change the team to suit the opposition against any team in this league, least of all the scum at home.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Some good points there. Unless we pick up some injuries I don't think smith will change it up the. But i hope should we be havibg to defend  a lead he brings in jedinak as this is the l

Perfect game for him. It's no surprise he was excellent against them last year and against boro.

Hourihane scored a sensational goal last year past then so would be harsh to drop him. But jedinak certainly will be a better option  to bring on ahead of bjaransson or whelan.

3 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Id want Hourihane in the side for this. Let him strike anything around the edge of the box.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, turvontour said:

Id want Hourihane in the side for this. Let him strike anything around the edge of the box.

Yep - bound to be plenty of free kicks.  Just hope the ref gives some protection. (Yeah - I'm an optimist)