Dean Smith

Demitri_C

2 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Or.... perhaps they think you are just talking a load of bollocks? One or the other. 

So you think Smith is beyond criticism? Maybe you’re all talking bollocks when 26% possession is  deemed a good performance. I dont. However like I've repeatedly said Today and last week were holidays.

2 minutes ago, useless said:

He's doing a good job but people are allowed to question certain aspects of his management, or feel disappointed with results in isolation, doesn't mean to say that want him sacked or anything like that. If we finish seventeenth then I think that that will be an acceptable finish to the season, but it's perfectly fine to want to do better in the meantime, as I'm sure Smith himself would agree.

But you can't really argue that a 17th place is acceptable whilst trying to find fault with a narrow loss to the European champions. 

1 minute ago, Sulberto21 said:

So you think Smith is beyond criticism? Maybe you’re all talking bollocks when 26% possession is  deemed a good performance. I dont. However like I've repeatedly said Today and last week were holidays.

So you think the North Stand is made of Lego?

See we can both throw out utterly farcical false narratives. It’s easy. Both are about as factually accurate as each other.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

So you think Smith is beyond criticism? 

When did Trent say that Smith was above a criticism? He didn't. 

He said that Smith was doing a great job, and he is. 

Only a prat would find fault with today. 

Just now, av1 said:

But you can't really argue that a 17th place is acceptable whilst trying to find fault with a narrow loss to the European champions. 

No- one is finding fault with that. Some people are rightly questioning the fitness, and some of his substitutions over the course of the season which haven’t been the best. 

however when fans rightly do that they are called Trolls, Bluenoses or alex bruce? 

P.S Wes Edens, Nassef Sawiris brought the pride back by saving the club from extinction. Along with Christian Purslow , Suso and Dean Smith. So get it right yeah credit where it’s deserved .

2 minutes ago, av1 said:

When did Trent say that Smith was above a criticism? He didn't. 

He said that Smith was doing a great job, and he is. 

Only a prat would find fault with today. 

And where have I found fault with the performance or his performance today? Only a prat would criticise other fans when all they did was question his substitutions. 

4 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

So you think the North Stand is made of Lego?

See we can both throw out utterly farcical false narratives. It’s easy. Both are about as factually accurate as each other.

When did I say its made of lego?  Now you’re just stupid for stupidity’s sake.

Just now, TrentVilla said:

You didn’t, that was entirely the point but clearly you missed that.... can’t say I’m surprised.

You’re right I didn’t. So saying what im saying is bollocks because I defended other posters who were being criticised for questioning Smith’s substitutions is ridiculous. 

3 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

You’re right I didn’t. So saying what im saying is bollocks because I defended other posters who were being criticised for questioning Smith’s substitutions is ridiculous. 

You see that thing over there, no, look a bit further.... further.... further... yeah that tiny thing miles away... yeah it’s the point you missed it by a miles.

2 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

You see that thing over there, no, look a bit further.... further.... further... yeah that tiny thing miles away... yeah it’s the point you missed it by a miles.

The same point you and a few others are failing to grasp. Toodles. 

The same point you and a few others are failing to grasp. Toodles. 

No, no we get it.

Smith is not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy.

Right?

2 minutes ago, sne said:

No, no we get it.

Smith is not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy.

Right?

You know it’s very irritating when someone has questioned two aspects of Smith’s management so far that they are mocked. And then you respond like you’re an eight year old boy. If you want to criticise me do it with a counter argument that I can analyse and either agree with or disagree with. Otherwise kindly move on. 

If he wins the league then maybe I may have retract the messiah statement but the same theme seems to be happening all season. Substitutions and throwing away leads. 

here’s a question for some of you holier than thou posters? Why didn’t Dean Smith instruct one of his players to stand on the post for the cross which led to Mane heading the winner.? That potential point today could have catapulted the confidence of the players. 

Even Klopp needs to improve some aspects and this guy is going to win the league! That doesn’t mean im saying he’s crap it means that I believe he can do some things better. Same with Smith I have not once said he is bad. I just believe he needs to eradicate the same mistakes that he seems to be making over and over again.

I.E the substitutions etc.

You know it’s very irritating when someone has questioned two aspects of Smith’s management so far that they are mocked. And then you respond like you’re an eight year old boy. If you want to criticise me do it with a counter argument that I can analyse and either agree with or disagree with. Otherwise kindly move on. 

If he wins the league then maybe I may have retract the messiah statement but the same theme seems to be happening all season. Substitutions and throwing away leads. 

here’s a question for some of you holier than thou posters? Why didn’t Dean Smith instruct one of his players to stand on the post for the cross which led to Mane heading the winner.? That potential point today could have catapulted the confidence of the players. 

Even Klopp needs to improve some aspects and this guy is going to win the league! That doesn’t mean im saying he’s crap it means that I believe he can do some things better. Same with Smith I have not once said he is bad. I just believe he needs to eradicate the same mistakes that he seems to be making over and over again.

I.E the substitutions etc.

Perhaps do not end your post with "Oooh one must not criticize the Messiah" if you want to get your posts taken seriously?

Labeling posters holier than thou...

Sure loads of people share your concerns and thoughts about Smith, our squad and today's game.

But they way they are put forward kinda ruins any merit they might have had.

Cheers!

The only thing worrying me at the moment is the trend of collapsing in the second half. It's becoming a habbit and I don't know it will stat to affect the players going forwards

Unless we get 2 or 3 goals clear it's becoming almost inevitable we won't hang on 

Teams that stay up can grind out the odd 1-0 here and there which is something that is starting look like it will never happen, I know Liverpool are a good team but coming away with nothing from being 1-0 up on 87 minutes I find unacceptable regardless of the opposition

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, sne said:

Perhaps do not end your post with "Oooh one must not criticize the Messiah" if you want to get your posts taken seriously?

Labeling posters holier than thou...

Sure loads of people share your concerns and thoughts about Smith, our squad and today's game.

But they way they are put forward kinda ruins any merit they might have had.

Cheers!

I agree with what you say. But that’s to do with the constant sniping of Villa Fans who question one or two things only to be told ‘twelve months ago etc so be grateful.’

Who doesn’t want to see Smith lead us out at Wembley. Fighting For the league. Winning the champions league etc . But some of us want to see a change in his substitutions or the timing of them. In terms of this season.

The fact some fans are disappointed with the defeat against Liverpool is a good thing. That shows that we are improving however those fans are saying we should have won/ drew had the manager made a tactical switch or two Isn’t reason to say they are ingrates it’s  just disappointment at what was a possible chance to beat Liverpool when we apparently had them there for the win.

Edited by Sulberto21
Grammatical spelling mistake.
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, KHV said:

The only thing worrying me at the moment is the trend of collapsing in the second half. It's becoming a habbit and I don't know it will stat to affect the players going forwards

Unless we get 2 or 3 goals clear it's becoming almost inevitable we won't hang on 

Teams that stay up can grind out the odd 1-0 here and there which is something that is starting look like it will never happen, I know Liverpool are a good team but coming away with nothing from being 1-0 up on 87 minutes I find unacceptable regardless of the opposition

Hmm.... I find it acceptable.

Liverpool had 25 shots to our 5. 75% possession to our 25%. Are unbeaten in the league and Champions of Europe.

Last week we conceded our advantage after 26 seconds of the 2nd half restart. We were outplayed for most of the game today, but hung tough to almost clinch a win and but for a great header late would have snuck a point.

Liverpool aren't our competition this year.....

... but after that performance, I have great confidence we'll get results against the teams that are.

Edited by ozvillafan
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, Stratvillan said:

I thought Smith was spot on today. We were unfortunately beaten by a better team. Our first team is fine our depth is not. That's one of the reasons we concede late. 

Yep, this all the way. Our depth makes it very hard to close out matches.  Hourihane or Lansbury is not the type of midfielder you bring on to close out a game but what other choice does Smith have. Deano got it spot on today and if no one can notice the improvement between Spurs and now then please buy some glasses. 

• Like 1

Â