Dean Smith

Demitri_C

3 minutes ago, av1 said:

You do understand that Liverpool bought on a £50m midfielder from the bench today don't you?

As for the rest of your post, complete rubbish. 

You do understand I wasn’t talking about today’s or last weeks games. But simple English is probably too advanced for you.

9 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Im all for the twelve months ago bs comments but we spent more money than Real Madrid in the window before last. Forget the two games against City and Liverscum. 

I for one was excited to see Smith come through the door in lieu of the Walsall and Brentford performances. Whilst the prem is way tougher I have yet to see the pressing football I saw at Walsall and Brentford. This has got to improve imo. 

Either he lacks the articulation to convey his message or the players lack the ability to interpret his message. I believe with what I have seen so far we should be finishing 14th. 

but I want the Walsall/Brentford esque football. That will make life easier for us. 

In January 2019, Real Madrid spent approx £15m, we spent approx £9m (figures from transfermarkt), but I’m not even sure of the point you’re trying to make anyway. 

As for the football style, it has to be adapted to different leagues and opponents. We do press at times, today being a good example of that. But you can’t do it all the time against these top sides. 

Smith has been here just over 12 months, he’s got us into the premier league and narrowly losing to the top side In the league. To get a full on pressing side, working at this level takes time and getting the right players in. He’s done great so far, give him time. 

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Before Smith was here? 

Pretty clear we should have sacked Smith before we signed him.

We really made a mess out of this.

Where is Dr Xia Strange with the time stone?

• Like 1

Just now, mikeyp102 said:

In January 2019, Real Madrid spent approx £15m, we spent approx £9m (figures from transfermarkt), but I’m not even sure of the point you’re trying to make anyway. 

As for the football style, it has to be adapted to different leagues and opponents. We do press at times, today being a good example of that. But you can’t do it all the time against these top sides. 

Smith has been here just over 12 months, he’s got us into the premier league and narrowly losing to the top side In the league. To get a full on pressing side, working at this level takes time and getting the right players in. He’s done great so far, give him time. 

The point being ‘twelve months ago ‘has gone. Move on and move forward. Last week and today were ‘free hits’ as in personally I felt  the results and performances were irrelevant. Anything more is a bonus. 

Smith needs to stick to his beliefs and philosophies (high pressing and passing football) and I believe we will be successful. We are giving up too much of games so personally I would like to see that aspect improved.

Again today and last week don’t count as those two teams are way ahead of us. but even then we conceded due to individual errors which cant be accounted for.

8 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

If we keep sitting back and inviting pressure i think it's safe to say we will never get a win against the top 6, ever.

Well maybe when we get to the point where we spend 20-30 million on our players instead of average 10 or 11 million we might get that quality it player that doesn't tire in the last half hour. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

You do understand I wasn’t talking about today’s or last weeks games. But simple English is probably too advanced for you.

And the simple cost of PL players is clearly too advanced for you. 

To argue that Villa spent more than Real Madrid, and to use that as some sort of barometer to gauge how you think we should be doing shows a level of stupidity that's hard to match. 

36 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Im all for the twelve months ago bs comments but we spent more money than Real Madrid in the window before last. Forget the two games against City and Liverscum. 

I for one was excited to see Smith come through the door in lieu of the Walsall and Brentford performances. Whilst the prem is way tougher I have yet to see the pressing football I saw at Walsall and Brentford. This has got to improve imo. 

Either he lacks the articulation to convey his message or the players lack the ability to interpret his message. I believe with what I have seen so far we should be finishing 14th. 

but I want the Walsall/Brentford esque football. That will make life easier for us. 

the where we were comments are irrelevant because we are now in the premier league. At the end of the 92/93 season we finished second. 12 months after that 10th. 12 months after that we barely escaped relegation. 12 months after that 4th.... going further back we won the league 12 months after that the European cup. We were somewhere every 12 months ago.

Aston Villa football club are probably the biggest underachievers in history. Look at where we were.

The past is only there to learn and improve from. 

No they aren’t. You’re talking about where we were 27 years ago. Everyone else is talking about where we were 12 months ago, which is very much tangible, a good place-marker to see how we have grown in that time and still very relevant as it’s still the same set up that’s being built upon. 

3 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Very little is clear in your post. You're moaning about Smith and suggesting he should be doing better as we've apparently spent more money than Madrid. 

Actually maybe if you read it properly im not moaning about him just that he hasn’t implemented what I saw at Walsall and Brentford. Im moaning about the constant sniping from the holier than though posters who think Aston Villa are above criticism. 

the same holier than though posters who probably berate Anwar el Ghazi ,even though he is one of the top scorers and assisters at the club, because  he looks lazy. Yet players like him and Wesley (who started football at 14btw ) have this knack of scoring goals and making the game look easy. The same berating was dished out to Jack Grealish even though he has created the second most chances behind De Bruyne. But now the media are loving him off he must be good.

Dean Smith has been too passive in too many games this aspect needs to improve. Ooohh no I criticised the messiah again. 

4 minutes ago, av1 said:

And the simple cost of PL players is clearly too advanced for you. 

To argue that Villa spent more than Real Madrid, and to use that as some sort of barometer to gauge how you think we should be doing shows a level of stupidity that's hard to match. 

A barometer of where we were twelve months ago. Which seems to be constantly shoved down our throats when anyone dares to question the Messiah. Obviously that shows that some are too blinkered. And self absorbed to actually read what is being written.

2 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

A barometer of where we were twelve months ago. Which seems to be constantly shoved down our throats when anyone dares to question the Messiah. Obviously that shows that some are too blinkered. And self absorbed to actually read what is being written.

Or.... perhaps they think you are just talking a load of bollocks? One or the other. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

You are either a troll, stupid, or don't understand football. Either way I'm done. 

He's doing a good job but people are allowed to question certain aspects of his management, or feel disappointed with results in isolation, doesn't mean to say that want him sacked or anything like that. If we finish seventeenth then I think that that will be an acceptable finish to the season, but it's perfectly fine to want to do better in the meantime, as I'm sure Smith himself would agree.

4 minutes ago, Spoony said:

No they aren’t. You’re talking about where we were 27 years ago. Everyone else is talking about where we were 12 months ago, which is very much tangible, a good place-marker to see how we have grown in that time and still very relevant as it’s still the same set up that’s being built upon. 

So then when some posters are disappointed about losing to Liverpool in the dying embers why are they being told they should be grateful as twelve months ago we were losing to QPR? Yet we are also told Liverpool etc have built their squads over a number of years.

The twelve months ago is all pointless because the championship has gone. The championship mentality needs to go too. In fact the management actually agree with me with the fact they got rid of most of those who got us promoted. So therefore we need to look at the Tottenham game and beyond as the barometer Of which we are judged. 

Â