Dean Smith

Demitri_C

3 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

If Abraham is worth 40m currently, why is he way down the pecking order regards England?  

Injury recently

Otherwise, 40m isn’t very much for a PL striker

Happy if you can get us Kane or Calvert-Lewin for £40m?

24 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Injury recently

Otherwise, 40m isn’t very much for a PL striker

Happy if you can get us Kane or Calvert-Lewin for £40m?

He has been injured for past two weeks. Hasn’t been getting very much game time since November.  25m max is what he is worth currently.  Giroud gets on before him

3 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

He has been injured for past two weeks. Hasn’t been getting very much game time since November.  25m max is what he is worth currently.  Giroud gets on before him

25m max to you maybe but not realistic for a premiership striker like Tammy.  I’m happy to pay 40m in total.

Must be a proud man today seeing 2 players he gambled on and improved under him playing for England last night with Konsa probably not far behind 

I didnt include Jack as we always expected him to be capped eventually

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Must be a proud man today seeing 2 players he gambled on and improved under him playing for England last night with Konsa probably not far behind 

I didnt include Jack as we always expected him to be capped eventually

But for Ireland:(

If he doesn’t blood Kessler & Philogene-Bidace before the seasons out (poss carney)... I will move into the Smith out camp, prime time to and after watching Bellingham last night I cannot see any excuses not to blood them as our season is over accept for pride.. Time to start playing these kids here and there with little pressure then next season when fans are allowed back they can kick on from there having already made they debuts. No excuses for me not to! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, thabucks said:

If he doesn’t blood Kessler & Philogene-Bidace before the seasons out (poss carney)... I will move into the Smith out camp, prime time to and after watching Bellingham last night I cannot see any excuses not to blood them as our season is over accept for pride.. Time to start playing these kids here and there with little pressure then next season when fans are allowed back they can kick on from there having already made they debuts. No excuses for me not to! 

Every excuse not to, we are still trying to get highest league place possible so we can attract better players.

You can join the Smith Out camp all you like and blame it based on references to one kid playing for England but you’ll be joining a group with less people than the Robbie Savage Villa Fans support group.

2 hours ago, HeyAnty said:

I don't think Tuchel rates him or doesn't see him as part of his long term plans.

I don't see the risk with Abraham for the same reasons @nick76 has already stated.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

I know it was only San Marino, but Bellingham, did not look out of place last night.....looks a tremendous prospect, for 17, built like a man already....his composure for such a tender age is astonishing.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Every excuse not to, we are still trying to get highest league place possible so we can attract better players.

You can join the Smith Out camp all you like and blame it based on references to one kid playing for England but you’ll be joining a group with less people than the Robbie Savage Villa Fans support group.

I don't know anyone who wants Smith out Nick.....time to drop that narrative.

28 minutes ago, TRO said:

I don't know anyone who wants Smith out Nick.....time to drop that narrative.

I'm sorry but ermmmm.....

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

This was the comment I was directly responding to and quoting.......

I accept your apology @TRO😉

Edited by nick76
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I'm sorry but ermmmm.....

This was the comment I was directly responding to and quoting.......

I accept your apology @TRO😉

I think that was tongue in cheek.....I would certainly hope so and thats how I see it.

By the way, I don't think our season is over either ( I know you didn't say that) we need to finish as high as possible for 3 reasons.

1. To attempt to get in to Europe.

2. To position ourselves to get a better standard of player in the summer.

3. To create the momentum to finish the season, ready for next.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

Don’t agree one bit with anything you say but that’s the joy of forums and we are both entitled to our opinions. Our season is over no Europe no relegation just pride. If Elmo plays over Kessler again that’s negligent of Smith ...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Don’t agree one bit with anything you say but that’s the joy of forums and we are both entitled to our opinions. Our season is over no Europe no relegation just pride

Guess we’ll just have to agree to disagree then.

• Like 1

Last season Sheffield United were having a very good season but finished poorly and that poor form continued into this season, we don't want emulate that, we need to finish as strongly as possible.

That said the need to have strong finish doesn't mean to say that we can't give some of the youngsters a chance under the right circumstances, behind the scenes some of them are already becoming more invovled witht the first team beyond just the odd training session here and there.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, thabucks said:

If he doesn’t blood Kessler & Philogene-Bidace before the seasons out (poss carney)...I cannot see any excuses not to blood them as our season is over accept for pride.. Time to start playing these kids here and there with little pressure then next season when fans are allowed back they can kick on from there having already made they debuts.

I agree that our season has limited games remaining and it's a bit of a tall order now too expect to finish in the top 6 or 7 and with the teams that are above us, even with Jack back.

I would like us to put in one or two of the youngsters in there during some of the remaining games and give them all a bit of a feel for it.

Davis might even see 30 minutes before the end of the season too.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I couldn’t care less if the youngsters play from now until the end of the season. I trust Smith and the coaching team to know if they are ready or not and if they don’t feature it means they aren’t ready. What’s more important then a couple of youngsters getting some minutes is winning some games and finishing as high in the league as possible. 

d&d nerd GIF

• Like 2

Â