Dean Smith

Demitri_C

This is a great opportunity for Deano to start to build his reputation again. I think he will keep them up but it’s unlikely that he will get the job permanently.

I live in Leicester and was enjoying watching them struggle but they will have my support now. They have the players to play a more direct game which is what Deano and Shakey will implement in the time they have to make a difference. It should be enough.

ironically, i think he could keep them up.

Leicester are very much in the same position now as Villa (in our first year back), Leicester have their version of Grealish (Maddison), and some fairly decent players up top with some pace (Barnes, Daka etc), they also have Ndidi who was touted as the next big DM a couple of years ago.

I can honestly see him keeping it tight defensively, then using players like Maddison, Barnes, Daka, Vardy, Ihaeanacho etc on the brake to scrape points in almost the same way he did with us in the last part of the season.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

I'd have gone for benitez if it was out of Marsch, smith and him. I love what dean achieved with us, but he hasn't been successful before or after. I hope he keeps them up but I'm not sure he is good enough to do it. A second relegation means he will be applying for jobs in league 2. Big gamble. 

I think he would have a lot more to lose than to gain by going there as an interim manager.  Unless he wins loads of games, I can't see them keeping him on and if they go down, his top level managing career might be dead.  Waiting til the summer and maybe going for the Southampton job would be a better fit.  Leicester should give Benitez everything he wants really.

Â