Dean Smith

Demitri_C

Just now, villanmac said:

Add to that a set piece coach turning us into a Tony pulis side everytime we get a bastard throw in. 

These throw ins are embarrassing. We've scored what once from them? 

Too slow, too predictable. 

When do you ever get a top side using long throw ins? 

2 minutes ago, villanmac said:

Add to that a set piece coach turning us into a Tony pulis side everytime we get a bastard throw in. 

Doesn't mix it up does he? 

Doesn't seem to be anything clever about it anymore 

And he still has the problem that if the delivery is poor the whole thing falls apart, as we saw with Bailey on long throws...**** me that should have been put to bed after the first one 

36 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I said earlier this afternoon he probably has 4 games to save his job. I'm pretty angry after that shit, but the next 3 are Southampton, Brighton, and Palace. I'd probably give him those, with an expectation of better performances and 6 points.

After watching that today and the form of Palace, Brighton and Southampton your taking the piss. All 3 teams will play us off the park.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Wurzel said:

Looks like the players are really fighting for him, what evidence is there that he has lost the dressing room?

I didn’t see much evidence of that. 

• Like 2

Just now, villa4europe said:

Yeah I thought the exact opposite 

Too many of them were shite, there's been no point in the last couple of weeks that we look like a team that's fighting for anything 

We tried hard in the 10-15 minutes after the red card.

Just think the Wolves collapse has done us in mentally. Feared it at the time and the evidence in next two games is for all to see.

• Like 3

Just back, not even sure what the score finished but honestly I'm finished with Smith. Such a awful performance all over the pitch. To the point that Nakamba was being cheered for tackling ffs. Disgraceful. I think I have cut Smith plenty of slack but enough is enough. 3 years and this is what his team is producing. He needs to be replaced regardless of what happens next. 

• Like 1

Too much competition right now for a decent manager - unless there is some obvious outstanding candidate that we can pick up quickly - I just don't see Smith being dismissed before he gets a few more chances to turn it around - and personally I think he will. 

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

We tried hard in the 10-15 minutes after the red card.

Just think the Wolves collapse has done us in mentally. Feared it at the time and the evidence in next two games is for all to see.

I think the fact the Wolves collapse even happened in the first place shows that we were on shaky ground anyway.

1 minute ago, jim said:

“Passion, enthusiasm and energy” Was Smith talking about West Ham?

Those 3 things are all well and good. But you need a well refined system on top of that.

That's the sort of stuff I would expect to hear from a manager fighting relegation.

Â