Dean Smith

Demitri_C

Think even the most ardent cynics will have difficulty finding much to moan about with that one.

Nakamba was solid. Subs, particularly Trez, changed the flow of the game. Hopefully as the trust in squad increases we’ll have more options going forward.

Did the subs spot on. 

Brought Trezeguet on to counter the Saka LB move and to stop the overlap with Pepe.

And Ramsay to keep the press higher up obviously something Barkley doesn't do very well and was tireing.

Andddd not with 5 mins to go either.

• Like 1

Only once have we not won a game after taking the lead this season and people still claim he's a reactive manager and moan when he doesn't do what they want when they want it. 

When does he have enough in the bank to show that this is nonsense?

Just now, dudevillaisnice said:

Made a change and we got the result, happy with that. Needed to make the change (I thought it would've been Barkley but it had to be in midfield regardless) so no complaints here. He is learning.

real housewives of atlanta what GIF by TV One

• Haha 2

Although we are not playing quite as slick as we were we are still winning, games we would have used to have lost. 

Had a few bumps in the road v burnley and spam. Hopefully a rest this week will do the players good and we can start getting back to where we were, not being quite so week in midfield. 

Shout out to Nakamba but need fully fit and firing Luiz and McGinn to play at our best. Think Dean needs to sit down with Barkley and have a word, great when he’s on it but just to lethargic, leaves so much space for other team to run into because he seems so resistant to chasing back. Think i would prefer Ramsey or Sanson in there. Barkley a frustrating player.

Just now, DCJonah said:

No I don't mind that. I just love the idea that because he did something you wanted him to do, he's learning. An experienced manager with experienced coaching but he's learning because he did what a few on villa talk moan about. 

Maybe he knows what he's doing as we've won 11 games, got 11 clean sheets and only lost once when we've taken the lead. And he makes different decisions based on many variables during a game. 

It's not a criticism and I don't see why it's seen as one. Strange.

Â