Dean Smith

Demitri_C

11 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

I dont buy that the squad isnt good enough. Utter rubbish. Worse sides than us are comfortably safe. Any group of players are capable of not getting relegated from the PL.

The buck stops with Smith. He hasnt created any kind of "niche" for us. We cant defend, we cant score, dont show fight, rubbish subs, changes (if they come) never work. He's been exposed badly this season.

100% spot on been saying that months ago reading all this crap there not his players etc it may be the case,but any manager atleast minimum should have his team organised not over the place, defending worse then school boys still going on even last week against Liverpool, poor tactically and as you say we look like not up for the fight been like that for months to that was the last straw.Should have gone before that Chelsea game before shutdown owners to slow to move.

Edited by ozvilla28
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, jim said:

Whoever gave him a new contract needs stringing up by their testicles!

Mental decision, the only reason we needed to offer a new contract was if someone was going to pinch him!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, jim said:

Whoever gave him a new contract needs stringing up by their testicles!

An utterly ridiculous situation, shows that above the manager they are also very naive.

The plan for coming back up needs to be much better than the one to stay up. 

Scouting and recruitment has been a disaster and heads need to roll for that.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

Do fans think Dean would have done better or worse thank Lampard had he got the Chelsea gig?

Well I think the Villa squad would be even worse with Lampard in charge

• Like 2

Just now, Zatman said:

Well I think the Villa squad would be even worse with Lampard in charge

Are you sure? Do you think Lampard would have signed worse players than we ended up with? I don’t think it’s possible, especially with an outlay of £145m

Just now, Genie said:

Are you sure? Do you think Lampard would have signed worse players than we ended up with? I don’t think it’s possible, especially with an outlay of £145m

Just like Smith, Lampard would not have been the one signing players here.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Mental decision, the only reason we needed to offer a new contract was if someone was going to pinch him!

And realistically, who was going to do that?

Just now, sne said:

Just like Smith, Lampard would not have been the one signing players here.

But he would have been one of those making the decisions. There’s no way Smith has no input, or would take a player he absolutely didn’t want.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Not that he would have been able to make the signings like Smith but Lampard signings at Derby benefitted from his Chelsea connections and so far Chelsea have made no signings for him either

He is getting more out of Chelsea because they have a better squad than us but he has also **** up many winnable games including to West Ham and  tinpot Bournemouth(copyright of one poster on here) 

Just now, Genie said:

But he would have been one of those making the decisions. There’s no way Smith has no input, or would take a player he absolutely didn’t want.

Of course Smith has input, but the era of managers signing players is long gone.

Lampard has a name so he might be able to bring in players that way. We had Terry thou so who knows.

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Not that he would have been able to make the signings like Smith but Lampard signings at Derby benefitted from his Chelsea connections and so far Chelsea have made no signings for him either

He is getting more out of Chelsea because they have a better squad than us but he has also **** up many winnable games including to West Ham and  tinpot Bournemouth(copyright of one poster on here) 

Chelsea have had a transfer ban haven’t they? 
The point was you suggested that had we appointed Lampard he’d have been even worse in the transfer market which I don’t see how you can come to that conclusion.

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Chelsea have had a transfer ban haven’t they? 
The point was you suggested that had we appointed Lampard he’d have been even worse in the transfer market which I don’t see how you can come to that conclusion.

the initial point was would Smith get more out of the Chelsea squad than Lampard has. I said in reverse that Lampard would have done worse with our squad

There not his signings or his players is a weake exuse for me.Question needs to be asked why Smith cannot atleast do the bare minimum as a manager with this squad ,organisation instead of being all over the place, defending been a issue all season worse then schools boys,how many system changes,poor tactically why is there lack of fight and desperation been happening for months the list goes on.Now these a things any manager should be accountable to no matter the players his failed in all of them.

Edited by ozvilla28

Â