Dean Smith

Demitri_C

9 minutes ago, Sam3773 said:

Love this game. 

At Forest, Warburton was sacked at 15th, Karanka got them to 7th.

At Boro, Karanka was sacked at 19th, Mowbray had them in 7th.

At West Brom, Mowbray left at 20th, Hodgson got them to 10th.

At Blackburn, Hodgson was sacked at 20th, Allardyce had them on 13th.

At Sunderland, Allardyce left at 17th, Bruce had them at 16th.

At Villa, Bruce was sacked at 12th, Smith has them at 10th.

Culverhouse.

Ranieri won the Premier League with Leicester therefore Claud Puel is a failure.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

11 minutes ago, Sam3773 said:

Love this game. 

At Forest, Warburton was sacked at 15th, Karanka got them to 7th.

At Boro, Karanka was sacked at 19th, Mowbray had them in 7th.

At West Brom, Mowbray left at 20th, Hodgson got them to 10th.

At Blackburn, Hodgson was sacked at 20th, Allardyce had them on 13th.

At Sunderland, Allardyce left at 17th, Bruce had them at 16th.

At Villa, Bruce was sacked at 12th, Smith has them at 10th.

Culverhouse.

Ok...I admitt you have lost me.

Smith will do really well next season with his own players.....

....and if he doesnt it wont be his fault.

BTW...just caught tail of end of wm ....something about a JT announcement next month.....per a caller ?

49 minutes ago, hippo said:

But do you do not think that is one hell of a gamble ? - He can't work with the players already the club - but he might be able to work with a new set, even though the expensive additions in defence haven't stopped the flow of goals....

To me it seems like going to a job interview "My word I can't with those folk I am currently working with - but give me a job here and I will be fine"

We're definitely taking a gamble but no more or less than any appointment since MoN, I don't think Smith will jeopardise the club's financial future like Bruce did but agree that he may not be the man to get us back to the promised land either but it's just too early to tell.  If we're still in this rut come May then I expect he will have to go (and rightly so) but if we get Jack and Axel back and turn it around then I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for the summer. 

Don't you think we need to at least try to break the cycle and do something different or are we to remain on the "he's crap, get rid" merry go round? 

8 minutes ago, hippo said:

BTW...just caught tail of end of wm ....something about a JT announcement next month.....per a caller ?

I genuinely think he might be pissing off to Chelsea or to manage a lower League club.

On 14/02/2019 at 20:36, Thug said:

You’d think that would spur them on to play harder for a future elsewhere.

Yes you’d think so, but let’s face it, wherever they go it’s almost certainly a drop in wages, but that doesn’t really matter when you’ve got millions in the bank. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, hippo said:

Part in bold is interesting. If there is no progress after a massive turnover in the playing staff that Smith has been part of this time next year then I think it would be fair to see real pressure on him to go. 

Some people have had the knives out from the start though which is a bit disappointing.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

If he is at a win percentage below 30 at the end of the season i don't think he will be here.

I think that number will decrease further. Does anyone honestly think we will must anything more than 15pts from our remaining games?

Personally I do not think so myself but interesting to know what others think.

11 minutes ago, Sam3773 said:

Jokanovic ended his first season at Fulham with a 30% win percentage. Farke got 32%.

Bet Fulham and Norwich are glad they weren't so quick to pull the trigger. 

Fulham have since as he was poor in the PL after spanking £100m..

Time will tell with Farke. (Again he has his time at Dortmund as experience)

18 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I think that number will decrease further. Does anyone honestly think we will must anything more than 15pts from our remaining games?

Personally I do not think so myself but interesting to know what others think.

I'm not sure if it was you, but last time I caught someone say this was about our previous run in with the top sides, which we passed with flying colours.

I'm hoping this is a sign. lol

16 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

Smith can't say what he really thinks about our squad, because he has to try to get these players to perform for the rest of the season.

It's 76 days until the end of this season. Things will change.

As it stands VB I can't see things getting any better, only worse.

We will have nothing to play for by the time Jack is back except pride but the damage has already been done.

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm not sure if it was you, but last time I caught someone say this was about our previous run in with the top sides, which we passed with flying colours.

I'm hoping this is a sign. lol

If it was this season then no it was not me.  :P

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

As it stands VB I can't see things getting any better, only worse.

We will have nothing to play for by the time Jack is back except pride but the damage has already been done.

I get where you are coming from but I genuinely think Jack will provide a lift, problem is it is typical that in his first couple of games back McGinn will be suspended, and we've seen evidence that they actually compliment each other.

We haven't done so well when one, or the other is missing.

However I think with Jack, Mings, Tammy and so on it will bring some sense of Morale and pride of the shirt back which will hopefully lift the crown into helping us too.

1 hour ago, hippo said:

Jt coming back as a player/coach, can only hope.. 

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I get where you are coming from but I genuinely think Jack will provide a lift, problem is it is typical that in his first couple of games back McGinn will be suspended, and we've seen evidence that they actually compliment each other.

Or worryingly paper over the cracks.  ^_^

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

We haven't done so well when one, or the other is missing.

However I think with Jack, Mings, Tammy and so on it will bring some sense of Morale and pride of the shirt back which will hopefully lift the crown into helping us too.

Don't forget Mcginn and hause is playing reasonably well. Also Tuanzebe when he returns.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Dave-R said:

Jt coming back as a player/coach, can only hope.. 

Eh?

As in John Terry? He is retired as a player, and is at Stamford Bridge tonight down on the touchline about 10 minutes ago all smiles and handshakes.

Shame he does not look this enthusiastic at Villa. :mellow:

• Like 1

Â