Match Thread: Villa v Sheff Wed

limpid

Serious tactical flaws here.

Whenever McGinn gets the ball, Pelupassy or Fletcher on him like a rash. We are playing two strikers both of them are not coming deep or looking to press Bannan who has alll the time in the world to stretch us.

Going forward we have zero width, and their centre backs are touch tight and are winning it every time. Where is the movement?

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Should have had his yellow card out at least twice. He might have left it in the changing room. 

Oh no. Chester got one straight away. Ref's a word removed. 

You only use it once ?

“I am convinced Mile Jedinak will be a centre-half. I saw it the other night. He has been, in my opinion, unfairly criticised because results have not gone for us. 

“If you analyse the goals we have conceded, we have had far too many individual errors, far too many. However, the team for me has not functioned defensively. 

“I think I know what I am talking about with a centre-back. I am convinced it is his way forward. He proved it the other night. He provides a certain physicality which the team don’t have if he is not in it.”

1 minute ago, LakotaDakota said:

It's shit but if we can win this game  with a fluffed shot bouncing in off huttons arse there is a good chance will be 2 points off the top of the league. I would rather have points than performance at the moment

It all averages or end of the season though and we will be nowhere near it if it continues. Especially considering who we’ve played.

1 minute ago, VillaAlex said:

Serious tactical flaws here.

Whenever McGinn gets the ball, Pelupassy or Fletcher on him like a rash. We are playing two strikers both of them are not coming deep or looking to press Bannan who has alll the time in the world to stretch us.

Going forward we have zero width, and their centre backs are touch tight and are winning it every time. Where is the movement?

What are tactics?

Are they those things that shake when they are in your pocket?