Match Thread: Villa v Sheff Wed

limpid

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

Typical Bruce archaic anti-football

It’s not even that. We’re not particularly tight at the back, and we don’t like our plan is to hoof it and/or be direct. We look like we simply don’t have any plan at all, other than maybe trying to get around their wing backs. 

6 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

As predicted, 2 up front doesn’t work. 

Get Grealish central, Kodjia out wide

I don't know if your prediction was just for this game. If it was, congratulations but it worked during the week. It will work again however today it has not. 

1 minute ago, sparrow1988 said:

I don't know if your prediction was just for this game. If it was, congratulations but it worked during the week. It will work again however today it has not. 

It didn’t work particularly well during the week. We were awful but Rotherham were worse.

Just now, sparrow1988 said:

We got a result in the week but it was hardly an inspiring display was it? 

It may well "work" today if we snatch a 1-0 win but I wouldn't say it was the right formation.

We very rarely look good playing 2 up front. We beat Burton quite handsomely playing it last season and that's genuinely the only time I remember it working well for us since we've been in the championship.

2 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Well considering how hard he came out against the fans in his last interview i was expecting us to play like Brazil today.

I'm glad to see he is putting his naysayers to shame.

I see you're one of these naysayers on the internet. Wanting us to have 'shots'. 

Difficult to assemble a montage of that half, really. Include some players being nicked on their heels. Others, passing the ball sideways. A throw in and an attempted Doug Ellis kick from one of their chaps. 

Can someone also tell Steve that the black ensemble is not flattering. It looks like when I’ve left the grass clipping bin bag out in the rain overnight. All portly and sad looking. 

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

GLORY GLORY MAN UNITED

Embarrassingly small time.

And to think we were taking the piss out of Blues and Baggies teaming up to chant shit on the villa...

I couldn't give a toss about Wolves. I certainly like them more than manure.