Christian Purslow

villan-scott

I'm not saying he should be getting any shit though. He's done a decent job, and I'm sure he'd continue to do one if he stays on. He'll be especially good to have on board with the threats that super league or FFP developments have to our club.

In the pitch side of things, I'm not upset if he's been given less remit since Emery arrived.

7 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Well he wasn't standing alongside Emery during his unveiling, unlike the Gerrard appointment.

He hasn't explained our January signings like he did with Digne and Coutinho.

You think he's not taken more of a back seat, that's up to you.  I think he has. 

literally introduced him 😆 

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

I'm not saying he should be getting any shit though. He's done a decent job, and I'm sure he'd continue to do one if he stays on. He'll be especially good to have on board with the threats that super league or FFP developments have to our club.

In the pitch side of things, I'm not upset if he's been given less remit since Emery arrived.

He literally was sitting next to Emery 

4 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

3 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

To be fair he does lean back in his chair a bit so could be argued he's just in the background. 👍

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Hank Scorpio said:

3 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

My bad, he wasn't in the photos I saw. Whereas he was in the photo I saw unveiling Gerrard.

Looks like it might be a conscious shift of policy though,  as seems we've done solo photoshoots for most of our new hires recently. Possibly not to consciously exclude Purslow.

Still think we've heard less from him than we would have before. Let's see if he's rolled out when we don't make any more signings this window.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

And as if the rest of the board would just meekly accept this and not call him out on it. 

I don't belive for the most key position at the club both Sawiris and Edens would have had input into an interview process of some kind and gave given their blessing to the appointment. 

As others have said, this is a multi million pound decision. You don't just look let one employee appointed his mate

Utter bollocks that is but many have been conned into believing this as fact. 

we dont what he did for sure....but we know that he was shit at it, same as lange

not a clue how so much hatred and vitriol can be generated by so little insight and information

as soon as we lose a football match the knives are sharpened for everyone, it has to be someone's fault

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

And as if the rest of the board would just meekly accept this and not call him out on it. 

I don't belive for the most key position at the club both Sawiris and Edens would have had input into an interview process of some kind and gave given their blessing to the appointment. 

As others have said, this is a multi million pound decision. You don't just look let one employee appointed his mate

Utter bollocks that is but many have been conned into believing this as fact. 

To add to this, the only clamouring for Gerrard that was made prior to his appointment was a bitter Suso using his media mates after his sacking. It was claimed beforehand that Purslow had also considered Bruno Lage at different times. People just want to paint this idea that Christian is some omnipotent force that holds sway over NSWE. 

On 07/11/2022 at 16:25, DCJonah said:

If anything, Sunday showed again why Purslow deserves criticism for the Gerrard appointment and sticking with him for so long. 

It's looking like one of the worst managerial appointments in our Premier league history. I dread to think about the money it cost to pay Gerrard and all his coaches off. 

Certainly ruins getting a good fee for Carney when we have to pay out staff like we did. 

I'm just hoping he is not still smarting, and being a stalking horse.....I sincerely hope not.

I find this window, very strange to be honest.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Not sure I follow - do you mean Gerrard or Purslow, and what is it they're concealing?

not intimating concealing, just suspect, not being co-operative.

I just wonder, if he ( Purslow) is not being as co-operative has he can be.... and forms an alliance with Lange.....as they will still be accountable/ responsible for the transfer fee's...but not necessarily the glory on the field.

I have no rationale for thinking this, other than, having worked in a large organisation, seeing how politics work....and how destructive they can be, to suit personal ends.

I think we as fans always assume, everyone is on the same page.....I wonder if that's so.

If Purslow, has had a major bollocking over Gerrard, it could be affecting his work with UE.

Ps purely my cynical mind at work....based on this weird window.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, MrBlack said:

I think you are right....very articulate individual, but like most CEO's, courts the limelight and the media....I wonder if he has had his wings clipped, and is Inadvertently affecting his work with UE.

Edited by TRO

10 minutes ago, TRO said:

I just wonder, if he ( Purslow) is not being as co-operative has he can be.... and forms an alliance with Lange.....as they will still be accountable/ responsible for the transfer fee's...but not necessarily the glory on the field.

I have no rationale for thinking this, other than, having worked in a large organisation, seeing how politics work....and how destructive they can be, to suit personal ends.

I think we as fans always assume, everyone is one the same page.....I wonder if that's so.

If Purslow, has had a major bollocking over Gerrard, it could be affecting his work with UE.

ive thought this  all window

• Like 1

This thread certainly makes for interesting reading. I can't buy into these conspiracy theories though or seeing this transfer window as so far being a bit strange/weird and putting that on Purslow. 

As things stand we have sold one player, in Ings, who was getting regular game time. We have signed two players in Moreno, who is already making a positive impact, and Duran who looks a decent prospect and will hopefully get some game time before the end of the season before really kicking on over the next couple of years. 

We have almost certainly had interest in, enquired about, made offers for other players one or two of which may yet still come to fruition. If they do then great, if not then so be it as I am confident there will be valid reasons as to why we felt we couldn't, in a notoriously tough window, bring in the players those who matter believed could improve us.  Either way Purslow doesn't need to be singled out for praise or conspiracy based criticism.  

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, TRO said:

not intimating concealing, just suspect, not being co-operative.

I think we as fans always assume, everyone is on the same page.....I wonder if that's so.

Any such tendency would of course be very destructive and hopefully there’s nothing like that going on.

What worried me a bit was the reports about Emery asking Real Sociedad’s sporting director to take the same position at Villa, which would be Lange’s current job. If that actually happened, I’d expect Lange to be in a bad mood.

Â