Match Thread: Villa v Reading

limpid

1 minute ago, stewiek2 said:

One up top at home, players played out of position. Resorting to long balls. Standard Bruce aint it.

I don't have an issue with the lineup if I am honest. It's just about getting the right performance out of more than 2/3 players. A job for the manager, he has to get 8 or 9 players on form and for us not to be carried by Grealish, Kodjia or set pieces.

2 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

They are well organized and rigid and offering no real threat.

We were all over them for the first 30 mins then our energy dropped and you could tell that 4 games in 2 weeks had started to have an impact.

I think Adomah will come on at 60 and that will liven us up and we should go on to win.

Boro managed 4 games in 2 days and didn't use tiredness as an excuse.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Dick said:

Any win will do tbf

True! But don't wanna be scraping the wins this early in the season. Although we never really win a game convincingly anyway do we?

Wolves was the only one when I new it was won. Weird really to beat the best team in the league last season like this.

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

True! But don't wanna be scraping the wins this early in the season. Although we never really win a game convincingly anyway do we?

Wolves was the only one when I new it was won. Weird really to beat the best team in the league last season like this.

We can/should/could do better. I'm hoping the same form will come later on, once we are settled. Scraping wins won't get promotion, but if we can add to that with gamers where we take control and win with less stress, we will do ok. Hoping Bruce has ideas and plans for when things do go wrong.

11 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

He's just not enjoying his football at the moment. Needs to be centre of attention, don't mind playing him like that here.

**** Benteke, the mercenary who "needs to be the centre of attention". That's called a prima donna and if that's what he wants he should learn to dance Swan Lake.

• Like 1