Tammy Abraham

Villaphan04

10 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Must say I don’t remember Grealish ever trying to break the leg of a player who had just been grappled to the floor by a team mate.

But anyway haven’t you answered your own question? Grealish “was”, Maupay “is”.

I would be sorry to see such a violent player come to the club although I recognise Smith might want to sign him if he gets the chance.

Jacks off the ball stamp a few seasons back on coady was quite bad.

I remember even players like Gerrard had that nasty steak to them as a youngster. Maupay is still young, he will grow out of it. 

Smith seems to be very big on characters and attitude so I doubt he would sign him anyway if he’s a that bad a person. 

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Jacks off the ball stamp a few seasons back on coady was quite bad.

I remember even players like Gerrard had that nasty steak to them as a youngster. Maupay is still young, he will grow out of it. 

Smith seems to be very big on characters and attitude so I doubt he would sign him anyway if he’s a that bad a person. 

Well he signed him for Brentford and was very defensive of him after he tried to break McGinn’s leg, so I suspect he’s a fan.

2 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Well he signed him for Brentford and was very defensive of him after he tried to break McGinn’s leg, so I suspect he’s a fan.

He would have been 19/20 at the time. Still just a kid.  Plus many seem to say he didn’t even have that much involvement in signings at Brentford. No idea how true that is. 

Anyway Tammys staying so we don’t really need him this season. But I am a fan. 

49 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He would have been 19/20 at the time. Still just a kid.  Plus many seem to say he didn’t even have that much involvement in signings at Brentford. No idea how true that is. 

Anyway Tammys staying so we don’t really need him this season. But I am a fan. 

I think we do need him......can't rely on loan signings.

Tammy is here today....the 14th is a whole different ball game.

Nobody has consideration of the fans feelings, why should we, have any for them?

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Forgive my ignorance but why is the 14th jan significant ?

I believe that is the cut off point for Chelsea to be allowed to recall Tammy. 

Edited by Tayls
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

What?? All he did was a stamp. Grealish was just as bad once. 

Edit: it was pretty nasty I admit. But what’s it got to do with modern day footballers?

May I politely suggest you do a little reading on this guy - he's already got himself a reputation not to be proud of.

If you like him - that's perfectly ok - he's just not my cup of tea to be truthful with you 👍🏻

New info is that Crystal palace have joined the race for Tammy, even if true they are 6 points off bottom and can't see that appealing for Tammy in the slightest. Palace have scored 19 out of 21 but who knows with all this craziness going on.

Bring maupay In and pay the 15.8 mill, when Tammy does go in half a season unless we sign him if we go up, we will need a new striker anyway. If not we have Maupay next season for the championship or premiere its an investment and a worthwhile one in my eyes.

24 minutes ago, Dave J said:

May I politely suggest you do a little reading on this guy - he's already got himself a reputation not to be proud of.

If you like him - that's perfectly ok - he's just not my cup of tea to be truthful with you 👍🏻

Sorry Dave, he is a striker and from what we have learnt from Tammy, is very good strikers throw wobblys on the pitch 🤣. Reputations can easily be curbed by playing nice again, he's just playing the championship in how it's played in my eyes. Need attitude for this league, something not many of our players have, were to nice, needs to change.

Now if only our existing forwards showed that much passion like Tammy displays, imagine what they could possibly accomplish, yet again id take a maupay over Hogan and Kodjia, lol

Think a Maupay and Tammy combo could be pretty devastating..

Back to Tammy though, I wonder if JT on his visit back to Chelsea recently, had notified that we would buy Tammy for a much higher price in the summer if we go up. It certainly has left me curious as to why he went there while all this went on, I don't think it was just a coincidence, that I think he will be ours if the premiere happens for us this season.

My cousin is a wolves fan, and he was taking the biscuits when he thought Tammy was going, oh the joy when I broke the bad news to him that he was snubbing wolves 120k.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

New info is that Crystal palace have joined the race for Tammy, even if true they are 6 points off bottom and can't see that appealing for Tammy in the slightest. Palace have scored 19 out of 21 but who knows with all this craziness going on.

Bring maupay In and pay the 15.8 mill, when Tammy does go in half a season unless we sign him if we go up, we will need a new striker anyway. If not we have Maupay next season for the championship or premiere its an investment and a worthwhile one in my eyes.

Mate there is zero to no chance we are going to pay 16m for any player let alone maupay.

He isn't worth that anyway in my opinion.

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Mate there is zero to no chance we are going to pay 16m for any player let alone maupay.

He isn't worth that anyway in my opinion.

I would agree with you, but we have already paid 7 mill for a keeper, wouldn't surprise me if we would be willing to pay that. If purslow can find a way he will bring him in if it's to say he fits the bill I believe.

He has a very good scoring record rite? 15 this season, 27 total at brentford, 11 before that at Brest on loan, he's getting there and will only get better. At villa we have the staff to train him, make him even better as a player, he could be the future of what we need.

Off course if you have any other ideas I'm all hears as to who we could get, can't see forest selling Grabban now, they mite command that much for him also or slightly less.

Won't be long before championship players set a light in terms of transaction prices, we may see maupay as the first to sell for 15.8million. 

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Maupay = 2018 version of Scott Hogan

Don't think Hogan is scoring that many goals, sorry I just don't see it.

Edited by Dave-R

28 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

New info is that Crystal palace have joined the race for Tammy, even if true they are 6 points off bottom and can't see that appealing for Tammy in the slightest.

That they have...

8 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Woy Hogson can f**k off too..

(No @Demitri_C we can't swap him for Beneteke!) ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Dave-R said:

Don't think Hogan is scoring that many goals, sorry I just don't see it.

He did for Brentford and that has proven be a flash in the pan. I wouldnt be paying anything like 15m for Maupay for a simikar reason. 

Still unproven

• Like 2

I myself recall some weeks ago trying to throw a benteke name into the hat, i got shut down very quickly in here, which is why i find it funny. 

I can't see Benteke being any worse than Hogan or kodjia. I think I'd take my chances with him over those two, but then again I would much rather play RHM or davies than Benteke and bring those two youngster through and try and fast track them as quick as possible.

Edited by Dave-R

10 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Maupay = 2018 version of Scott Hogan

That’s a bit unfair. He scored 12 in his first season and also representing France at u21 level.  Also watching him you can see that he is a much more complete player than Hogan was. 

I agree he has no way done enough to justify 15 million but I do think he would be less of a risk than Hogan was. 

Around 7m would be the right price. 

Â