John McGinn

PompeyVillan

If Celtic want a forward player they can have Crapormack for free.  The £4m they were to part with plus whatever wages they were going to pay McGinn should cover the rest of what he would earn from us?

I would score dozens of penalties and free kicks up there.

1 hour ago, John said:

Hopefully not, but if Jack does go then we will then need someone to wear the shirt that he once wore. Jack's are big boots to fill but we would need to get behind those who still play for us should he leave.  His possible departure should not get in the way of our being happy to see new players coming in who might in time make a big impression on us.  The football club needs to keep moving forward I hope with Jack but if he chooses to go then without him. 

I can’t see Bruce starting two attacking midfielders. We’ve begun the season playing a full back RW (to play ahead of a RB who struggles to go forwards) and picking Adomah ahead of Green essentially because he tracks back more.

It’s obvious FFP is still a problem, so we’re not going to spunk £4m or whatever on ‘squad depth’.

Therefore he looks like a Jack replacement. And yea, I get your point but I’m just not going to be excited that we’re replacing the only person on our team who can pass with someone is already 24 and has done **** all for Hibernian in the SPL.

6 minutes ago, Cizzler said:

I can’t see Bruce starting two attacking midfielders. We’ve begun the season playing a full back RW (to play ahead of a RB who struggles to go forwards) and picking Adomah ahead of Green essentially because he tracks back more.

It’s obvious FFP is still a problem, so we’re not going to spunk £4m or whatever on ‘squad depth’.

Therefore he looks like a Jack replacement. And yea, I get your point but I’m just not going to be excited that we’re replacing the only person on our team who can pass with someone is already 24 and has done **** all for Hibernian in the SPL.

He generally plays on the left of a midfield 3 and as others have said he is a box to box player. A possible upgrade on Hourihane who hasn't done much wrong.

22 minutes ago, a m ole said:

I’ll wait for a heatproof map of that.

**edit** 

I see what you did there.

Edited by jim
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Cizzler said:

I think he's probably done more than **** all for hibs, otherwise he wouldn't be 'highly rated' and he wouldn't have multiple clubs chasing his signature. 

In terms of being underwhelmed with JG's replacement, who would you be happy with? Mbappe? Modric? Dele alli? 

Whoever we sign will not be a big name, we are not in the big name market any longer. 

Also, whilst generally speaking I wouldn't disagree with you, citing a failure by SB to play elmo and Hutton would probably carry more weight if they hadn't both just scored in an away win. 

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, Stockport_Villain said:

Looking forward to this with his engine and ability to control and pass a ball. Hopefully it won’t be knocked out of him.

My thoughts exactly, hoping he will be the championship equivalent of Milner a few years back.

• Like 1

Just now, Bomvilla7 said:

My thoughts exactly, hoping he will be the championship equivalent of Milner a few years back.

Or the championship equivalent of Shaun Maloney knowing us 

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Or the championship equivalent of Shaun Maloney knowing us 

All we need is the championship equivalent of Moustapha Salifou and we will win the league by Feb, score a thousand goals, concede 2, and sell out every game.  ?

43 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

In terms of being underwhelmed with JG's replacement, who would you be happy with? Mbappe? Modric? Dele alli? 

Yes, would be happy with all three. Although think only Dele Alli would be a truly like-for-like replacement for Jack in our current system........ (Look how hilarous being facetious is).

I’m well aware we’re not going to get a player better than Jack. That’s what I’m upset about. I think we have a chance of going up with him, and none without him.

50 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Also, whilst generally speaking I wouldn't disagree with you, citing a failure by SB to play elmo and Hutton would probably carry more weight if they hadn't both just scored in an away win. 

I just used it as an example of how negative our manager is and how negatively he will continue to set us up. I don’t really care whether they scored against a terrible Hull side. I’m happy they did, but it doesn’t change my point?

The idea of another 45 games with full backs on the wing and midfielders who can’t pass just seems bleak right now. Jack is the difference to that.

I’d love to be proven wrong about any of this, of course. Being promoted without Jack, McGinn actually being a good player or Hutton and Elmo becoming a dynamic, goal-scoring right-wing sensation. I’d be happy if any of it transpired, I’m just saying how I see it. 

Â