John McGinn

PompeyVillan

Was delighted when he was made captain, yes it was harsh on Mings at the time but I prefer a midfielder as captain as they will more often than not be able to impact the game more. Don’t think he is a massive talker on the pitch but he doesn’t need to be when he’s playing like he is. Always prefer a captain to do their talking with their feet, attitude, work rate etc. McGinn sets the tempo and if he’s on it, it lifts every player round him.

SJM is also a top bloke who is very humble and has time for everyone, couldn’t think of any other player I would rather have representing our great club like he does!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Does anyone know what the yellow card was for. All I saw him do was win the ball or is my eyesight deceiving me

Wasn't a yellow in my opinion and he won the ball albeit ever so slightly over the top. Pathetic reffing was a great tackle!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Brumstopdogs said:

We have a really likeable squad at the moment.

Nice to see McGinn, Cash and Watkins enjoying themselves on a night out!

Captain’s performance at the dinner table. Ollie, by contrast, couldn’t help but get the sauce from his penne arabiatta all over his bloody top. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, JB said:

Might be getting a bit carried away but I’m not sure there’s a player in the league I’d swap him for right now. Certainly not any midfielder.

I've always said that every team needs a McGinn and don't think there are too many Premier league players who do what he does... not as effectively anyway. Thankfully he is ours and seems to love playing here, so don't think he will be off anytime soon. 

Edited by Made In Aston

12 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

I've always said that every team needs a McGinn and don't think there are too many Premier league players who do what he does... not as effectively anyway. Thankfully he is ours and seems to love playing here, so don't think he will be off anytime soon. 

What do we think John's value is? I mean he's literally invaluable and not allowed to go to another club ever (except maybe back to Hibs) but if we had to part ways how much? 🤔

1 minute ago, birdman said:

What do we think John's value is? I mean he's literally invaluable and not allowed to go to another club ever (except maybe back to Hibs) but if we had to part ways how much? 🤔

He will leave on a free to Celtic in 4 years time after he sees his contract out with us after winning everything he can possibly win on a 2 year deal

Then he will move back down to Brum and never ever have to buy a beer ever again. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 09/12/2023 at 16:35, SJM said:

IIRC, folk were skeptical when us hibees were saying you've got a player potentially  as good as milner or possibly barry...what are the views now? (Apologies if this is coming across as smug, we're just so f***ing proud of him)

I absolutely love the lad, and always supported the signing, let alone what a great player he has been, but he’s still got a couple of levels to go to reach the same place as those lads. Hence them having a bunch of Premier League, FA Cup and Champions League medals that he needs to collect over the next year or two :)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Captain’s performance at the dinner table. Ollie, by contrast, couldn’t help but get the sauce from his penne arabiatta all over his bloody top. 

I think Saliba deserves a lot of credit for that - he was excellent and matched Ollie's game very well. Not many defenders can do that. 

• Haha 1

Â