World Cup : Quarter Finals

BOF

1 hour ago, VILLAMARV said:

giphy.gif

Just sayin' ;)

I'll credit you the Belgium tip. I had Brazil down for the final.

Surprised no mention of England in that prediction.

But you go ahead and enjoy that cigar all the same, you''ve earnt it.

Just being full of piss and vinegar don't mind me. As for predicting England :D  I wouldn't like to hoist my own petard and all that. Never forgive/forget that Keegan commentary... grrr "Will he score Kevin?". Knobhead.

Left it up to wishy-thinking in the OP. Anyways as someone wiser than me once said "If I am not for myself who is for me? And being for my own self, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?"

I think that makes smoking bender ok :D even if 'I' am a massive word removed :thumb: 

I though England looked the best last night of the 4 teams that were left on their side of the draw. Capable of beating Croatia for sure... although I think both teams will fancy their chance of a final.

I'm not an england fan so I can be quite impartial here. Sure, england have a good chance of the final, but for me the key to the semi final is keeping modric quiet, even if it means man marking him (for those VTers that remember Paul Birch on Lothar Matthaus, back in the day - may he RIP). Also, Rakatic does a lot of unsexy grafting that allows Modric to roam and dictate. He needs taking care of too.

Croatia's midfield for me is more potent than their aging forward line - boss the middle of the park and the game is almost won.

Edited by mottaloo
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Zatman said:

Lack of technique and control though. He has pace and makes good runs but his technique makes him brainless

But he opens up space for other players and it's working well for the team. We're a better team with him in it then out of it. 

10 minutes ago, Genie said:

Don’t you hate it when you can’t enjoy a nice win without jumping all over an ambulance car?

https://metro.co.uk/2018/07/07/england-fans-trample-london-ambulance-celebrations-turn-wild-7691618/

Make an example of them all.

Give them all a free ticket to Russia and tell them to try it over there.  Bunch of dickheads.

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Don’t you hate it when you can’t enjoy a nice win without jumping all over an ambulance car?

https://metro.co.uk/2018/07/07/england-fans-trample-london-ambulance-celebrations-turn-wild-7691618/

Daily Mirror reporting an Ikea being smashed up in London

Edited by Zatman

2 hours ago, Genie said:

The pictures are clear so hopefully the people on the ambulance are recognised, charged and have to pay for the repairs to the ambulance. 

Spoiler

sei_20541530.jpg?w=964&h=659&crop=1

sei_20541960.jpg?w=768&h=512&crop=1

sei_20541564.jpg?w=768&h=512&crop=1

Stay classy England fans! 

34 minutes ago, Xela said:

The pictures are clear so hopefully the people on the ambulance are recognised, charged and have to pay for the repairs to the ambulance. 

Reveal hidden contents

sei_20541530.jpg?w=964&h=659&crop=1

sei_20541960.jpg?w=768&h=512&crop=1

sei_20541564.jpg?w=768&h=512&crop=1

Stay classy England fans! 

And this type of moron will be clogging up A&E  depts later with their self inflicted wounds and whinging that they want to be seen immediately.

I have family who are paramedics and I can hardly believe the crap they have to put up with every shift from gobshites like that dopey bint on the bonnet of the car. Cretins ?

17 hours ago, a m ole said:

? He’s not good enough for this squad no, but that’s just ridiculous.

It isn't. Look at his career stats. He averages 1 goal an 1 assist about every 30 games yet the media will tell you he one of English football's greatest attacking midfield talents. I think Ozil had more assists in one season than Wilshire has managed in his whole career. Wilshere has built his reputation based on pundits and journos spunking over him without ever producing anything in the premier league. He is also missing about 50% of the time.  His best ever season was when he was on loan when he was at Bolton at the start of his career and he has gone backwards ever since. He has been Arsenals equivalent of Agbonlahor just stealing a living the last 5 years. 

Edited by KHV

3 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Sterling is saving his hat-trick for the final. 

I'm half serious about that, btw. In '66, nobody wanted Hurst in the XI ahead of golden boy Greaves. But... 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I'm half serious about that, btw. In '66, nobody wanted Hurst in the XI ahead of golden boy Greaves. But... 

I agree with you. Maybe not a hat trick. 

But I think Sterling is growing into the tournament. He was genuinely very good against Sweden but yes he was let down by his poor finishing (although it was an underrated bit of goalkeeping from the Swedish keeper)

it wouldn’t surprise me at all if he’s the hero in the semi final (if we have a hero)

Edited by Stevo985

55 minutes ago, KHV said:

It isn't. Look at his career stats. He averages 1 goal an 1 assist about every 30 games yet the media will tell you he one of English football's greatest attacking midfield talents. I think Ozil had more assists in one season than Wilshire has managed in his whole career. Wilshere has built his reputation based on pundits and journos spunking over him without ever producing anything in the premier league. He is also missing about 50% of the time.  His best ever season was when he was on loan when he was at Bolton at the start of his career and he has gone backwards ever since. He has been Arsenals equivalent of Agbonlahor just stealing a living the last 5 years. 

hyperbole at its finest. He’s not even an attacking midfielder.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Daily Mirror reporting an Ikea being smashed up in London

I saw a video of a group of England fans hilariously storming in and singing It’s coming home. Absolute shit stains.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, a m ole said:

hyperbole at its finest. He’s not even an attacking midfielder.

He has no pace. No aerial threat can't tackle so he has no attributes to be a DM or a box to box midfielder. Every pundit calls him a great attacking threat if you listen to them speak. He is a total myth in every sense

Â