World Cup : Quarter Finals

BOF

The behaviour of some England fans, win or lose, frequently makes me feel absolutely ashamed.

Smashing up shops, cars, climbing on ambulances.

They deserve to have the shit kicked out of them. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

The behaviour of some England fans, win or lose, frequently makes me feel absolutely ashamed.

Smashing up shops, cars, climbing on ambulances.

They deserve to have the shit kicked out of them. 

I’ve not seen the video but a mate of mine was telling me about one he’d seen in Russia. After one of the games they won an over excited fan climbed on top of a police car before being dragged off and having the shit beaten out of him by the vehicles baton wielding owner. 

I bet nobody else will try that in Russia this summer. 

When the Eagles won the Superbowl, Philly was trashed and looted! Just don't understand the mindset.

8 minutes ago, Genie said:

I’ve not seen the video but a mate of mine was telling me about one he’d seen in Russia. After one of the games they won an over excited fan climbed on top of a police car before being dragged off and having the shit beaten out of him by the vehicles baton wielding owner. 

I bet nobody else will try that in Russia this summer. 

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

same as american sports, expect to see everything be trashed

It's only certain American cities - Boston & Philly for example.

It's not the norm for sports fans to behave like that as it is for football fans in the U.K. 

Edited by TheAuthority

Turns out that English fan getting a kicking is a local, as @Genie says. It was after Russia vs Spain.

https://www.jacarandafm.com/shows/scenic-drive-rian/overzealous-football-fan-has-run-police-russia/

We have enough genuine dickheads of our own without people shit stirring and blaming us for dickheads from elsewhere. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

It's only certain American cities - Boston & Philly for example.

It's not the norm for sports fans to behave like that as it is for football fans in the U.K. 

Not really the norm for UK football fans though is it really. There's millions of us. There are cameras pointed at the duck eggs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VILLAMARV said:

Not really the norm for UK football fans though is it really. There's millions of us. There are cameras pointed at the duck eggs.

The norm I was referring to was probably more the general Friday/Saturday night provincial 'lads' that go out, get hammered and fight. That particular section of society tends to be drawn to football rather than rugby or lacrosse, and these issues always become exacerbated around big international tournaments. 

I think that alcohol fueled anti-social behavior is much more prevalent in the UK than I have seen/heard about in the US. The drinking laws for under 21's are much more strictly enforced here whereas a lot of blind-eyes are turned to underage drinking in the UK - it's encouraged in some families lol!

Of course you and your whole family can be shot dead by a 15 year old over here so swings and roundabouts and all that.

2 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

The norm I was referring to was probably more the general Friday/Saturday night provincial 'lads' that go out, get hammered and fight. That particular section of society tends to be drawn to football rather than rugby or lacrosse, and these issues always become exacerbated around big international tournaments. 

I think that alcohol fueled anti-social behavior is much more prevalent in the UK than I have seen/heard about in the US. The drinking laws for under 21's are much more strictly enforced here whereas a lot of blind-eyes are turned to underage drinking in the UK - it's encouraged in some families lol!

Of course you and your whole family can be shot dead by a 15 year old over here so swings and roundabouts and all that.

I always find, whenever I've been in America, that the everyone might shoot you if you step out of line thing kinda keeps everyone in line! For the most part. Or me at my most polite anyway :thumb:

We all have some 'special ones' - we've all seen the pictures from the sty :D

Just not a societal problem in the UK this one. Morons. Just morons. ****wits are ****wits the world over. I think that's why the hand gestures are universal ;)

Alcohol has something to do with it. Groups of people + alcohol + heat + energy = a small percentage of morons will ruin it for everyone. Take it from an ex-licensee. And in one of those small towns too. Ever been to a christmas party? People are animals :D

Apart from goth's, they're anti violence right? maybe they are the one's to believe in?

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Â