Season Tickets 2019/20

PieFacE

42 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Around 4-5k people on the list not being able to have the option to buy one then .

Looks that way pal, Less than 50 available now!

I’m sure the number on the site is the amount of waiting list places left rather than number of seats left.  Not everyone on the waiting list will buy a seat either. 

Edit: That doesn’t actually make sense does it?

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’m sure the number on the site is the amount it waiting list places left rather than number of seats left.  Not everyone on the waiting list will buy a seat either. 

Says seats available 

Edited by Kingman

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

But didn’t it also say that when there was a freeze on sales and the numbers still kept going down? 

Or were they going down because existing holders were buying renewing?

Who knows...

Yeah we will find out shortly when it goes to zero

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Only way to know is if somebody now eligible to buy one visits the site and sees which seats are available.

There are thousands of seats left all around the ground. Remember we are leaving 8k seats unsold for non season ticket holders . 

Just now, Rugeley Villa said:

There are thousands of seats left all around the ground. Remember we are leaving 8k seats unsold for non season ticket holders . 

Oh yeah. For some reason I was thinking only certain seats were for sale as season tickets. Not all seats.

Im having a mare today. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, ozvillain said:

My dad's worried he won't be able to get a match day ticket when he comes back in August (former season ticket holder, now lives in Australia, my fault 🤗). Anyone got any suggestions for him? He can get to the Everton game. 

• Like 1

We’ll have 30,000 Season Ticket holders cheering us on at Villa Park in the Premier League this coming season – after we reached our cap today.

It is the first time in the modern era that so many supporters have bought a Season Ticket - which guarantees access to all home top-flight games – and we thank you for that amazing support.

The previous high was 27,709, achieved in the 2008/09 campaign.

Link

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

That's really quite impressive. Even as recently as the last fan group meeting, the club had no plans to enforce a cap - they weren't anticipating this level of support at that point and that's only a few week's back.

It'll put pressure on tickets for the rest of the season. We've got 8,000 seats per game to sell and there' a likelihood that once Lions clubs, players, media and giveaways are out of that it'll be nearer 7,500 - that's 142,500 tickets on sale for the whole season. If we sell 1,000 cub memberships, you can drop 5,000 from that total and we're already looking at 135,000.  As a season ticket holder, I generally buy three or four tickets a season for friends - I have no idea if that's normal, but if every season ticket holder were to buy two other tickets this season, there we're looking at 75,000 tickets available for non-season ticket holders - that's less than 4,000 a game on average. 

We're going to see the "Full House" signs up a lot - which is great for the club and a real achievement - time to get the builders in I think.

I wonder when they'll open up the waiting list for 2020-21?

• Like 1

It will be a full house every game. During our relegation season we were selling 7-8k on average to non season ticket holders . That’s when things were really low for us. Optimism is high, so we will eat those non season tickets up. The ground won’t be big enough next season. 

Once you start announcing waiting lists that only increases demand regardless of how team is doing. Providing we stay up then I think we will be averaging 40k the next few seasons. Extending the ground is inevitable .

I agree Rugely, persuading people to buy season tickets is harder than persuading them to renew - if we have a decent season, there won't be more than a couple of thousand at most that will be available for sale at the start of next season - a reasonable season will see almost all of these renewed and very few new ones available.. It's a brilliant sign for our future.

• Like 1

I think we should make the away end smaller, Just give them the upper witton and that will release a few hundred more in the corner that's always left empty for segregation with the lower North stand

Edited by Kingman