World Cup : Group C (Fra, Aus, Per, Den)

BOF

Well the script for this world cup so far has been for a late goal to someone and unfortunately it had to go to them. It was a bit underwhelming, the winner, and given the fact that when they finally showed the goal line there was only about 1cm in it it amazes me they didn't at least have a closer look at it (or maybe they did and just didn't show it I suppose).

The result was better than expected but in the end worse than it could/should have been.

I really wish Bert Van Marwijk was taking over this team full time. 

Denmark vs Peru should be a cracker.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ponky said:

Well the script for this world cup so far has been for a late goal to someone and unfortunately it had to go to them. It was a bit underwhelming, the winner, and given the fact that when they finally showed the goal line there was only about 1cm in it it amazes me they didn't at least have a closer look at it (or maybe they did and just didn't show it I suppose).

The result was better than expected but in the end worse than it could/should have been.

I really wish Bert Van Marwijk was taking over this team full time. 

Denmark vs Peru should be a cracker.

The goalline technology gives the referee a buzz on his watch when the ball lands so no need to look at it again.

3 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

ITV > BBC.

Never thought I'd say that. But with Lawro and Phil Neville both being complete morons I feel ITV will be the best place to watch games this WC.

Was just thinking the same. Lineker is still loads better than any of the Anchors but Shearer is hardly great either and Garth Crooks is still a thing. Dan Walker's chirpy little face annoys the hell out of me too.

13 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

ITV > BBC.

Never thought I'd say that. But with Lawro and Phil Neville both being complete morons I feel ITV will be the best place to watch games this WC.

Yep but then to even it out, ITV get Hoddle talking balls 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

BBC used to let you use the red button to turn off the commentary and just listen to the crowd. Is that still a thing?

It is. Or you can have the radio commentary. 

Its not HD on the red button though. 

Weird game. I thought we played really well but the class difference was obvious.

The France penalty decision was rough to see overturned on VAR. Defender got the ball then it had spilled to Ryan. Front leg got caught and he went down, but the tackle was made and the scoring opportunity was over. Also, if it's a foul in that position, how is it not a red? I feel like if they did VAR on every single corner they'd be able to pick out 5 fouls.

Our penalty was bizarre. What the hell was Umtiti doing with that arm? Third goal was lucky, deflected and just scraped over the line. Brutal, but I guess France created a heap more chances and eventually you'll be rewarded.

We just need Peru and Denmark to draw and France to trounce them both!

• Like 1

Not sure at all on this Denmark v Peru game.  Don't know much about Peru other than they don't often keep a clean sheet.

If Denmark play as they can I think they could score a couple in this one.  Eriksen has scored 16 in his last 18 caps, so he's going to be vital.

55 minutes ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

Weird game. I thought we played really well but the class difference was obvious.

The France penalty decision was rough to see overturned on VAR. Defender got the ball then it had spilled to Ryan. Front leg got caught and he went down, but the tackle was made and the scoring opportunity was over. Also, if it's a foul in that position, how is it not a red? I feel like if they did VAR on every single corner they'd be able to pick out 5 fouls.

Our penalty was bizarre. What the hell was Umtiti doing with that arm? Third goal was lucky, deflected and just scraped over the line. Brutal, but I guess France created a heap more chances and eventually you'll be rewarded.

We just need Peru and Denmark to draw and France to trounce them both!

Professional foul isn't a red card any more if the defender makes an attempt to get the ball.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Always rated Kjaer even though he’s never hit the heights expected of him. Can’t believe he is only 29 (wiki) and Schmeichel is 31.

Most disappointing is that Helenius isn’t there :D

helenius-spurs-shorts-1024x688.jpg

Â