World Cup : Group B (Por, Spa, Mor, Irn)

BOF

another VAR review for a Spain goal not given this time.

Now given as a goal.

Going to be honest, even if VAR helps correct things from time to time I don't like it in it's current stae.

Every game turns into a farce and the Ref takes center stage over the players.

I rather have the odd game decided by refs making mistakes that having to watch this.

The number of games ending in players attacking the ref will increase from this, not the other way round.

• Like 2

Just now, sne said:

another VAR review for a Spain goal not given this time.

Now given as a goal.

The linesman **** up by flagging.

Not only was he wrong, he was instructed to not flag for close calls. He's ignored his boss, and caused controversy where there should have been none.

• Like 1

Just now, Keyblade said:

Man, that was entertaining I'll give it that.

Entertaining in a car crash type of way!

3 minutes ago, sne said:

The number of games ending in players attacking the ref will increase from this, not the other way round.

That is fixable by the spineless refs. Use the cards and players will back off

1 minute ago, Xela said:

VAR is causing carnage now. 

The World Cup could be decided by it. 

Bad decisions are causing carnage. VAR is going some way to repair the damage.

If it wasn't for VAR, Spain would have had a list minute goal wrongly disallowed and could be going home.

Could the implementation improve? Maybe. But it's already proving its worth.

• Like 1

Just now, Tegis said:

That is fixable by the spineless refs. Use the cards and players will back off

True, but the ref's from Mali or Paraguay don't wan't to send off big name stars and risk the wrath from Adidas, NIKE and FIFA.

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

If it wasn't for VAR, Spain would have had a list minute goal wrongly disallowed and could be going home.

Yeah I agree with this.

The only decision there I have a real problem with there was the handball at the end. It probably didn't need to be reviewed, but there's not much harm in reviewing it. It's the ref who has given it and is in the wrong.

My only concern is are the refs feeling pressured into giving the decision because it's being reviewed?

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Its getting to the point every decision is being reviewed. It was never a penalty for Iran IMO. It wasn't a penalty for Portugal IMO

The implementation needs to improve massively. 

Edited by Xela

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah I agree with this.

The only decision there I have a real problem with there was the handball at the end. It probably didn't need to be reviewed, but there's not much harm in reviewing it. It's the ref who has given it and is in the wrong.

My only concern is are the refs feeling pressured into giving the decision because it's being reviewed?

from my memory in games I have watched, the only decision that was reviewed and no penalty was Neymar vs Costa Rica

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

Its getting to the point every decision is being reviewed. It was never a penalty for Iran IMO. It wasn't a penalty for Portugal IMO

The implementation needs to improve massively. 

Sorry to come across all Wenger, but I've not seen those decisions yet -I was watching Spain. 

My feeling at the moment though is if the ref can see numerous replays from several angles, and can't get the decision right, then VAR isn't the problem. If they can't judge a decision that's clear as daylight, with the benefit of replays from several angles, why trust them more to decide in real time? 

Edited by Davkaus

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

from my memory in games I have watched, the only decision that was reviewed and no penalty was Neymar vs Costa Rica

Wasn't that given and then reversed? Therefore the ref was still going with the VAR?

Genuinely don't remember. Might be wrong.

• Like 1

Â