World Cup : Group B (Por, Spa, Mor, Irn)

BOF

Just now, sne said:

He chickened out even thou VAR thought it was a red.

quelle surprise.

Just like no pen for Sweden against Germany.

You could see him watching it and shaking as he didnt want send him off

Just now, sne said:

He chickened out even thou VAR thought it was a red.

quelle surprise.

Just like no pen for Sweden against Germany.

To be fair I don't think it was a red.

Yellow is a weird decision though. That kind of incident it's either a red or nothing. He's trying to please everyone there.

Edited by Stevo985

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Lawro seems to be angry that the ref is even reviewing this because "he didn't see it when it happened"

THAT'S LITERALLY THE POINT OF IT YOU UTTER COCKWOMBLE

The man is a **** imbecile, his job just goes to show that the BBC (in sports, at least) hires people for who they are rather than their ability to do the job.

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I think this kind of thing will disappear over time as they realise that's literally pointless.

Like when players used to appeal against the goal line technology.

I’m not sure I agree, you can see from a lot of the players in this tournament they will appeal anything, cheat, dive and fake injuries. 

I cant see this rectangle drawing in thin air going away personally.

• Like 1

Iran's lack of firepower is what killed them. All they've scored in this tournament was an own goal. Which looking back was so harsh on Morocco who are much better than them and would have had a chance today if that had gotten that point.

Just now, Davkaus said:

I disagree. He didn't make much contact, but that's violent conduct, clear as day. 

I'll rephrase, I don't think it was clear enough for the ref to give it. It probably was a red but I can see why it wasn't given.

But the yellow is basically the ref admitting that. "it's probably a red but I don't have the bottle"

He should either be giving a red, or giving nothing and saying he's not sure enough to give it

12 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Exactly. 

Doesn't that imply that it is up to the ref to stop it? The text is a bit iffy as it contradicts this part with the one above:

"The video referee speaks to the on-field referee through an earpiece, who will put his hand up to pause play and inform the players a decision is being reviewed. If satisfied there is no error, he will signal for play to re-start. "

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Genie said:

I’m not sure I agree, you can see from a lot of the players in this tournament they will appeal anything, cheat, dive and fake injuries. 

I cant see this rectangle drawing in thin air going away personally.

They do all those things because there's an end result. 

Asking for VAR when the ref literally can't do that himself is absolutely pointless.

Just now, Tegis said:

Doesn't that imply that it is up to the ref to stop it? The text is a bit iffy as it contradicts this part with the one above:

"The video referee speaks to the on-field referee through an earpiece, who will put his hand up to pause play and inform the players a decision is being reviewed. If satisfied there is no error, he will signal for play to re-start. "

No it doesn't. What you quote originally  suggests the opposite.

It means the ref shouldn't wait for VAR to make a decisions, he has to still make decisions himself and rely on VAR correcting him if he's wrong.

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

They do all those things because there's an end result. 

Asking for VAR when the ref literally can't do that himself is absolutely pointless.

But it puts pressure on HQ to review it

Â