World Cup : Group B (Por, Spa, Mor, Irn)

BOF

por.png Portugal

spa.png Spain

mor.png Morocco

irn.png Iran

MATCHES
15/06 @ 16:00 - Morocco v Iran
15/06 @ 19:00 - Portugal v Spain
20/06 @ 13:00 - Portugal v Morocco
20/06 @ 19:00 - Iran v Spain
25/06 @ 19:00 - Iran v Portugal
25/06 @ 19:00 - Spain v Morocco

Winner faces runner up from group A (Russia, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Uruguay)
Runner up faces winner from group A

All times in BST

Well, I'm expecting Morocco to win this group comfortably. Their flag is a design classic, with a centrally-located green star on a red background. It's simple, and most importantly reversible. This makes it better than Iran's flag, the stylised writing on which renders the flag non-reversible (though it does have a solid tricolour combination). 

Spain and Portugal will very much bring up the rear, with fussy royal insignia, though Spain will win the head-to-head match as the red-yellow combination is easier on the eyes than Portugal's blocks-of-red-and-green effort. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sne said:

NIKE are refusing to supply the Iranian players with boots for the WC due to the sanctions on them enforced by Trump.

What a joke.

Good marketing opportunity for adidas or puma

Btw another hammer blow to Norrh America 2026 bid :)

• Like 1

With Spain manager Lopetegui signing for Real Madrid for next season there are now rumors of him getting sacked before their first game against Portugal on Friday

Can't see that happening, but it must be a bit strained between him and the Barca and Atletico players in the squad. :D

On 09/06/2018 at 10:59, Zatman said:

Good marketing opportunity for adidas or puma

Btw another hammer blow to Norrh America 2026 bid :)

Oh really?

The 2026 World Cup will be held in the United States, Canada and Mexico after their joint bid beat Morocco's proposal to host it.

The 'United 2026' bid was selected by Fifa member nations, winning 134 votes compared to 65 for Morocco.

(Link: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44464913)

9 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

I'm guessing everyone's called in sick and/or booked the day off in anticipation of Iran v Morocco then :) 

I'm excited! I love random games like this.

Could be better than watching one of the 'tight' European yawn fests we see all the time. 

• Like 2

Just now, Tegis said:

Bloody hell, vuvuzelas are back ?

Completely different atmosphere too.  Two sets of fans who clearly subscribe to the 'constant wall of noise' type support.

Morocco actually has a decent team, but I don't think they can compete with Spain or Portugal. It's a shame because this group basically has 2 clear winners. I know things can change, but I don't think that will happen this world cup. 

Â