World Cup : Group B (Por, Spa, Mor, Irn)

BOF

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Pretty much every thing that has described how it works.

If the VAR team thinks a clear an obvious mistake has been made by the referee then THEY advise HIM that he should review it (or make the decision for him if it's offside for example)

I don't think it works the other way round at all.

"The referee must always make a decision - he cannot let play unfold and wait for VAR. He can only go back to the start of the attacking phase that provoked the incident, and must wait until the ball is in a neutral zone to stop play. "

From here

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Pretty much every thing that has described how it works.

If the VAR team thinks a clear an obvious mistake has been made by the referee then THEY advise HIM that he should review it (or make the decision for him if it's offside for example)

I don't think it works the other way round at all.

Well you are our resident expert on the matter and it's clearly something close to your heart so I'll take your word for it :)

Still strange that no one seem to know for certain how it works.

Not even a guy who has countless big games for FIFA and UEFA.

Just now, Genie said:

This demanding of the VAR is worse than when players demand the red books or sends off another player.

I think this kind of thing will disappear over time as they realise that's literally pointless.

Like when players used to appeal against the goal line technology.

Lawro seems to be angry that the ref is even reviewing this because "he didn't see it when it happened"

THAT'S LITERALLY THE POINT OF IT YOU UTTER COCKWOMBLE

• Haha 3

Â