Champions League final: Real Madrid vs Liverpool

The_Rev

Champions League final 2018  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the 2018 Champions League?

• Real Madrid
    • Liverpool

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 26/05/18 at 18:45

On 27/05/2018 at 16:47, A'Villan said:

I've read a bit of empathy for Liverpool's goalkeeper, which is fine, by my oh my, that first goal. Criminal.

I think the second error is worse.

The first one is just a freak accident. It happens. It's unfortunate that it's happened on such a huge stage, but it's a random event.

The second one is just absolute routine stuff. Schoolboys would be saving that shot. Yes I know those errors still happen too, but I think that's way worse because that's what he trains to do all day every day.

10 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Yes, everyone knew they had two shite keepers. Karius was always a total abortion for a keeper, perhaps the fact his shot stopping is decent pulled the wool over the eyes of some. I don't know a single Liverpool fan who rated him. 

It's 100% down to Klopp, if you're serious about winning leagues and champions leagues you can't afford to have someone like Karius between the sticks, he will cost you too much over the course of a season. With even a competent keeper it's possible that they could have forced the match into a penalty shootout and then anything is possible.

I've been saying for years that Liverpool can't be taken seriously as a top team with Mignolet as their number 1.

Replacing him with Karius hasnt' changed that.

How they can have those 2 as their main keepers is beyond me. They're both awful, in relative terms.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I've been saying for years that Liverpool can't be taken seriously as a top team with Mignolet as their number 1.

How they can have those 2 as their main keepers is beyond me. They're both awful, in relative terms.

Absolutely, probably the only people in the world who didn't see this was Klopp and bobzy LOL.

I also agree that the second error was worse. The first one was a ridiculous lack of awareness but a total freak goal in many ways, the second was just him getting absolutely all of the fundamentals wrong. Funny how he did the same against Roma for a Kolorov shot, but got away with it as it hit the bar instead. Just shows what a shithouse keeper he is.

21 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I haven’t seen, was it a bad foul by Ramos on Salah?

no, they had arms hooked and Ramos was trying to pull him down, they way they fell meant Salah’s arm bent back as they landed. Obviously wasn’t intending to dislocate his shoulder.

Doesn’t mean he’s not a filthy bastard but I’m sure he wasn’t intending to hurt Salah

I absolutely hate Sergio Ramos, but God damn if I don't respect him. He does what needs to be done to win a game, and doesn't care one bit what anyone thinks.

He would forearm smash his granny if it meant winning a knockout game.

Club

Real Madrid[101]

International

Spain[101]
Spain U–19[102]

Individual

see also sergio busquets

They just have that winning mentality and that includes the dark arts, can you imagine maradona in 86 vs them 2? ramos would have put him in the stands and busquets would somehow have won himself a free kick

ramos isnt as clever when it comes to cards though (yellow and red) 171 in la liga, 36 in the CL and 20 for spain, probably not surprising all 3 are records (la liga is a european league record) he gets a yellow card every 2.3 games, sent off 1 in 22 la liga games (he has a total of 24 red cards)

18 hours ago, a m ole said:

Doesn’t mean he’s not a filthy bastard but I’m sure he wasn’t intending to hurt Salah

This is Ramos, of course he intended to hurt him!

23 minutes ago, MrDuck said:

This is Ramos, of course he intended to hurt him!

Maybe he was but not to the extent of what happened, was a freak occurrence even though Salah was grabbing him first

38 minutes ago, bobzy said:

People praising a player for elbowing an opponent in the head.

**** lol :D 

You weep for Salah and you curse Ramos. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know; that Salah's injury, while tragic, probably won RM the trophy. And his existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, *wins trophies*. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want a player like Ramos. You need a player like Ramos. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline.

"Did he elbow him in the head?"

He did his job

"....Did he elbow him in the head?"

You're God damn right he did!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

You weep for Salah and you curse Ramos. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know; that Salah's injury, while tragic, probably won RM the trophy. And his existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, *wins trophies*. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want a player like Ramos. You need a player like Ramos. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline.

"Did he elbow him in the head?"

He did his job

"....Did he elbow him in the head?"

You're God damn right he did!!!

Brilliant :D

21 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Can’t remeber which England keeper is was but he dropped a very similar clanger in training last week.

Â