Champions League final: Real Madrid vs Liverpool

The_Rev

Champions League final 2018  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the 2018 Champions League?

• Real Madrid
    • Liverpool

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 26/05/18 at 18:45

2 hours ago, Genie said:

Notice how he didn’t celebrate Bale’s world class goal that put Madrid in front? Because he’s a prick and doesn’t really care about the team, just himself.

I thought that, I looked at that celebration and couldn’t see Ronaldo anywhere in that pile on. Maybe he was out of shot.

To be completely fair, not long ago there was a clip of Ronaldo scoring and Bale not celebrating on the bench when others were doing so. Maybe that’s a bit different, the occasion, not being on the pitch etc.

Anyway Bale’s goal was better than Ronaldo’s which has got to be annoying for him ?

Edited by Shropshire Lad

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Notice how he didn’t celebrate Bale’s world class goal that put Madrid in front? Because he’s a prick and doesn’t really care about the team, just himself.

He looks pretty happy here?

If he only cared about himself then surely there would be a load of ex teammates slagging him off but the reality is, most people who have worked with him hold him in the highest regard and won't have a bad word said about him. 

Yeah no doubt he can be a cock sometimes but what player isn't :D

sei_14225608.jpg?w=620&h=428&crop=1

sei_14226825.jpg?w=620&h=413&crop=1

• Like 3

I've read a bit of empathy for Liverpool's goalkeeper, which is fine, by my oh my, that first goal. Criminal.

Thought Liverpool were hard working and resolute even after they lost Salah. It took two keeper errors and a worldy to beat them.

Real had one outfield player with less than 80% passing and he only played 1 minute. Liverpool had 5 players with less than 80% passing including 3 of back 4

All i have to say about this is... hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Seriously though, people sending karius death threats.. absolute idiots i mean this is the absolute s**t word removed fans LFC have . If they not blowing their own trumpet all the time they doing stupid stuff like this. Its just a bloody game for crying out loud, yeah we all get annoyed about games and results. I was well pissed about yesterdays game but no chance on earth am i sending death threats to anybody.

Double standard Liverflop fans at it again.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Xela said:

He looks pretty happy here?

If he only cared about himself then surely there would be a load of ex teammates slagging him off but the reality is, most people who have worked with him hold him in the highest regard and won't have a bad word said about him. 

Yeah no doubt he can be a cock sometimes but what player isn't :D

sei_14225608.jpg?w=620&h=428&crop=1

sei_14226825.jpg?w=620&h=413&crop=1

I think Ronaldo is different to a lot of players, maybe it’s what motivates him to score so many goals. Trains hard and scores goals, a managers dream.

Still a selfish, arrogant, petulant dick (and that it in comparison to other players)

13 minutes ago, Genie said:

Still a selfish, arrogant, petulant dick (and that it in comparison to other players)

I think Ramos takes that award :D

• Like 1

In all criticism of Karius the real person to blame has got away with. Liverpool have 2 shit goalkeepers yet Klopp hasnt bothered to find a replacement either through ineptness or stubbornness

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Zatman said:

In all criticism of Karius the real person to blame has got away with. Liverpool have 2 shit goalkeepers yet Klopp hasnt bothered to find a replacement either through ineptness or stubbornness

Yep correct, im sure they will splash big on a good keeper this summer though. Have been linked with so many in recent months. It will be criminal if they dont. 

Big year for Klopp next year imo, they have got to win something or at least a proper challenge for the title, they have been great to watch this season but again have got nowhere near the league, beaten in another final albeit thanks to Karius and an outrageous Bale on the night.

He has brought some more time this season the way they have played and Salah being so good. I cant see the fans being too happy with Brendan Klopp if they have another season without a trophy.

14 hours ago, Xela said:

I think Ramos takes that award :D

Not even anywhere near being close. There is no-one with the arrogance of C Ron. 

(Ramos is just a horrible human being). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

I thought Karius had been decent generally tbh. He made some great saves in the final too (particularly from a Ronaldo header?).

Unfortunately, unlike any other position on the pitch, he will now only be known for those mistakes - and people will judge him purely based on those (as is already happening).

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Yes, everyone knew they had two shite keepers. Karius was always a total abortion for a keeper, perhaps the fact his shot stopping is decent pulled the wool over the eyes of some. I don't know a single Liverpool fan who rated him. 

It's 100% down to Klopp, if you're serious about winning leagues and champions leagues you can't afford to have someone like Karius between the sticks, he will cost you too much over the course of a season. With even a competent keeper it's possible that they could have forced the match into a penalty shootout and then anything is possible.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

It's 100% down to Klopp, if you're serious about winning leagues and champions leagues you can't afford to have someone like Karius between the sticks, he will cost you too much over the course of a season.

Utter garbage. 

Liverpool weren’t expected to challenge on either league or CL front this season and yet, with the World’s worst goalkeeper, they managed to get to the CL final. 

The overreaction to these mistakes is pretty hilarious. 

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Utter garbage. 

Liverpool weren’t expected to challenge on either league or CL front this season and yet, with the World’s worst goalkeeper, they managed to get to the CL final. 

The overreaction to these mistakes is pretty hilarious. 

To which he single handedly cost them the game, and also made mistakes and let in soft goals throughout the league season. Everyone knows their keepers are a weak link and he has done nothing to address it, that's why they lost the final in the way they did. The only thing 'utter garbage' are your posts in this thread.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

4 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

To which he single handedly cost them the game, and also made mistakes and let in soft goals throughout the league season. Everyone knows their keepers are a weak link and he has done nothing to address it, that's why they lost the final in the way they did. The only thing 'utter garbage' are your posts in this thread.

He didn’t need to address it. His keeper helped the team get to the Champions League final. His keeper made great saves during that same game. They finished fourth in the league too - again, he hasn’t cost them.

The only time he has cost them has been, unfortunately for Karius, in the biggest game in European football.

The difference between Liverpool losing against Real and Liverpool winning was not the fact they didn’t have, say, David De Gea in goal - and even De Gea looked shaky as hell for a season or so at Man Utd.

So, yes, garbage. 

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

He didn’t need to address it. His keeper helped the team get to the Champions League final. His keeper made great saves during that same game. They finished fourth in the league too - again, he hasn’t cost them.

The only time he has cost them has been, unfortunately for Karius, in the biggest game in European football.

The difference between Liverpool losing against Real and Liverpool winning was not the fact they didn’t have, say, David De Gea in goal - and even De Gea looked shaky as hell for a season or so at Man Utd.

So, yes, garbage. 

? whatever you say chief. You couldn't be more wrong.

Conceded 5 in 2 games vs both Sevilla and Roma who arent top of table European teams

His shot stopping not even that great, he made same mistake vs Roma but Kolarov shot hit bar

• Like 3

Â