Israel, Palestine and Iran

Swerbs

54 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

My Arabic isn't the best, but I like to think I'm at least good at picking up accents, and Mr. Operative #2 had an accent unlike any Palestinian accent I ever heard. I showed it to my Jordanian Palestinian friend and he laughed at the absurdity of the recording (down to the how each guy in the recording is on a different stereo channel 😂). Can't tell if it's AI or just crappy acting. It sounds like one of those listening exercises in an Arabic course

Fair enough  - sounded  like Palestinian Arabic to me, but my Arabic is rusty, and the fact that I could follow it with relative ease is maybe a telltale sign...😬

For an intercept,  you would often/usually have two channels, so I'm  not sure that  tells us much

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, fruitvilla said:

See Panto's reply.

Pantos reply mentions nothing of religious right.

once again, what do you mean that the illegal settlements are a solution for ‘short-term’ problem?

11 minutes ago, Thug said:

once again, what do you mean that the illegal settlements are a solution for ‘short-term’ problem?

As already explained quite clearly, the short term problem is Netanyahu trying not to go to jail.

10 minutes ago, Thug said:

Pantos reply mentions nothing of religious right.

There’s a point at which you’re just going to need to do some reading for yourself, but the “short term problem” is Netanyahu finding enough votes for his political survival, which he’s done by turning to the parties representing the religious right.

The ultra-orthodox / fundamentalist Jews are extremely conservative, highly nationalist and make up a disproportionately large (and growing) part of the settler movement.

They’re also considered a burden by the rest of Israel because they’re exempt from serving in the IDF and are paid by the state to study the Torah instead of working.

It’s highly unlikely any future leader will give them the same level as support as Netanyahu does. They’re being allowed to settle the West Bank for short term political convenience.

52 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

There’s a point at which you’re just going to need to do some reading for yourself, but the “short term problem” is Netanyahu finding enough votes for his political survival, which he’s done by turning to the parties representing the religious right.

The ultra-orthodox / fundamentalist Jews are extremely conservative, highly nationalist and make up a disproportionately large (and growing) part of the settler movement.

They’re also considered a burden by the rest of Israel because they’re exempt from serving in the IDF and are paid by the state to study the Torah instead of working.

It’s highly unlikely any future leader will give them the same level as support as Netanyahu does. They’re being allowed to settle the West Bank for short term political convenience.

Oh I’ve done plenty of reading.

it was my turn to play 20 questions.

This is not a short term problem.  Let’s not even pretend that it is.

21 minutes ago, Thug said:

Oh I’ve done plenty of reading.

it was my turn to play 20 questions.

This is not a short term problem.  Let’s not even pretend that it is.

The fact you didn’t think my previous reply made any reference to the religious right in Israel suggests you’ve not done anywhere near enough reading on the topic to have such strong opinions about it.

But go on then - tell me how Netanyahu’s legal problems are not a short term issue?

2 hours ago, Panto_Villan said:

Strangely enough I completely missed your previous reply, even though I went back to look.

That’s why I was so confused.

Apolgies @fruitvilla

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Thug said:

Strangely enough I completely missed your previous reply, even though I went back to look.

That’s why I was so confused.

Apolgies @fruitvilla

No problem Thug. :) 

For me, it is not a question of who is wrong or right, or perhaps good or evil. It is about understanding the underlying dynamics. Of course, I get the Palestinian ire for being pushed around in their own country. I also get the Jewish desire for a homeland after millennia of prejudice. I don't see an easy answer. 

I don't see what the answer can be. But it is not painting one side as black and the other as white. 

I happen to see religion as stupid and in this particular instance as divisive. Again I don't know what the answer is but demonizing one side or the other is not it.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, fruitvilla said:

I happen to see religion as stupid and in this particular instance as divisive. Again I don't know what the answer is but demonizing one side or the other is not it.

This issue is much less about religion as it is about nationalism, race, and western influence in the area. 

17 hours ago, Thug said:

Not how I see it.

By accepting the hostages back, it weakens their stance to achieve what the actually want.

They will kill their own citizens in air strikes before they’d lose any PR traction.

Complete nonsense. They’ve gone to some lengths to prewarn Palestinians in the target areas of an impending strike. If they had wanted to wipe the Palestinians from the map they have more than enough capability to do that in a couple of days.

Im not saying they are doing everything right - cutting off the water, power and food is pretty inexcusable but to say they don’t want to save the hostages as some kind of pretext to go in harder sounds like a conspiracy theory.

1 hour ago, desensitized43 said:

Complete nonsense. They’ve gone to some lengths to prewarn Palestinians in the target areas of an impending strike. If they had wanted to wipe the Palestinians from the map they have more than enough capability to do that in a couple of days.

Im not saying they are doing everything right - cutting off the water, power and food is pretty inexcusable but to say they don’t want to save the hostages as some kind of pretext to go in harder sounds like a conspiracy theory.

They killed 4000 Palestinian civilians, or would you rather me use the israeli connotation "human animals"? Building after building destroyed. They drop bombs on their heads in this open prison.  This is an ongoing genocide where the occupying inhumane people are trying to push occupied population out of the country.

• Confused 1

13 hours ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Is anyone wondering, (back in the day of course), what the girl on page 3 would have to say about this

I think she would be pushing some sort of peace statement along the lines of why fight when you can look at my lovely coconuts. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, momo said:

They killed 4000 Palestinian civilians, or would you rather me use the israeli connotation "human animals"? Building after building destroyed. They drop bombs on their heads in this open prison.  This is an ongoing genocide where the occupying inhumane people are trying to push occupied population out of the country.

oh please...  that human animal quote if you would apply even the bare minimal of good faith you would know what he wanted to say and who he was talking about. 

Phrases like open prison or genocide... I think if you are right your argument should stand without lies or exaggerations.

Its very interesting that people would blame Izrael for dropping bombs on those buildings but they wont blame terrorists who occupies those building and uses population as human shields.

Its very interesting that people would blame Izrael for locking and surrounding Gaza but they will ignore countless acts of aggression and terrorists acts and wars. 

What kind of blame bears Palestinian people for not deradicalizing their population for not creating a strong and good democratic opposition to hamas for not pushing them out of Gaza? none? give me break.

Edited by Tumblerseven

23 minutes ago, Tumblerseven said:

oh please...  that human animal quote if you would apply even the bare minimal of good faith you would know what he wanted to say and who he was talking about. 

Phrases like open prison or genocide... I think if you are right your argument should stand without lies or exaggerations.

Its very interesting that people would blame Izrael for dropping bombs on those buildings but they wont blame terrorists who occupies those building and uses population as human shields.

Its very interesting that people would blame Izrael for locking and surrounding Gaza but they will ignore countless acts of aggression and terrorists acts and wars. 

What kind of blame bears Palestinian people for not deradicalizing their population for not creating a strong and good democratic opposition to hamas for not pushing them out of Gaza? none? give me break.

oh so much propaganda!  natanyahu called Palestinian children "the children of darkness". He called all the Palestinians human animals. I will never show good faith to a murderous terror regime. Never!  How many dead Palestinians is good enough for you? You defend indiscriminate killing. Do you condemn natanyahu?

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

I think she would be pushing some sort of peace statement along the lines of why fight when you can look at my lovely coconuts. 

a profound statement as true today as it was back then

• Haha 1

Â