The Royal Wedding

NurembergVillan

3 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

I would imagine the people of windsor renting out their spare bedrooms on airbnb for 4 grand for the weekend may disagree ;)

I would imagine all the towns and city's the throbbers staying in Windsor come from could do with that money being spent at home more

0oyqYvy.jpg?1

2 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

I've never even heard of that.

:rolleyes: God doesn't allow any old coont to seek the Grail!

Though, shock horror, it's non royal Galahad that carks it. 

31 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

I would imagine the people of windsor renting out their spare bedrooms on airbnb for 4 grand for the weekend may disagree ;)

Plenty of people make money in the deepest of recessions.

• Like 1

'Midlands Today' went to a school where the kids were having a pre-wedding party - all dressed up , flags etc. The presenter asked one of the kids what question they would like to ask the royal couple. I would have given  king's ransom if the kid had said. " Id like to ask Prince Harry  - does she spit or swallow" . Sadly that didn't happen . I'm riding a bike race on the A51 north of Rugeley so hope the traffic is quiet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

I know it's a bit of a jolly for them at times but if you're swimming in the olympics & the future king & queen are there cheering you on it must give you some sort of boost, Same as when baldy turns up at VP.

Yep, I can imagine Big John's presence really fires the lads up.

Prince William celebrates with Aston Villa team after dramatic late Cardiff winner

39 minutes ago, veloman said:

... so hope the traffic is quiet.

Oldsters glued to their TVs.

Tomorrow could be the best day to drive to a garden centre for months!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Her mum is the only parent to be present at the wedding ... that must be quite unique for a royal wedding in recent history ? 

Well, to be fair, Harry's dad won't be present either :ph34r::P

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Turn all their properties into museums and you'd make more revenue without the need for them to exist.

So you'd like them dead? Seems a little extreme just to get some museums.

I assume you don't know that (almost) all publicly owned museums in the UK are free to enter? Not much revenue from that.

5 minutes ago, limpid said:

So you'd like them dead? Seems a little extreme just to get some museums.

I assume you don't know that (almost) all publicly owned museums in the UK are free to enter? Not much revenue from that.

I think what @Dr_Pangloss is saying is, if they were eventually phased out and all the buildings were left, would that impact the economic benefit of the Royal family? (Which is a myth anyway._

I agree - what difference would it make to tourism? Phase them out, and nationalize the palaces and the land. People can still come and gorp at them there just wouldn't be people living in them at the expense of everybody who works for a living.

If you really wanted a tourist attraction you could hang them all in the middle of the Mall. One a week until they've all gone - that would bring in a few onlookers I'm sure :D

11 minutes ago, limpid said:

Windsor Greggs, Wetherspoon and Gala Bingo Castle just rolls off the tongue.

• Like 1

I like many others cannot stand all this wedding b******s. I just looked out the window and noticed the neighbourhood watch alliance have their flags and bunting out ffs.

Dont mind harry and will as they seem a bit more down to earth than the rest of them. For me i just cant understand how we spend millions on this lot when there are people starving etc. Its just well ott imo, the amount of properties is just ridiculous. 

I just do not understand what they offer or what they actually do for this country.. maybe somebody could educate me, but 30 years on planet earth and im non the wiser!

Â