The Royal Wedding

NurembergVillan

12 hours ago, limpid said:

So you'd like them dead? Seems a little extreme just to get some museums.

I assume you don't know that (almost) all publicly owned museums in the UK are free to enter? Not much revenue from that.

More people would travel to the UK to walk around the inside of the palace than stand outside, other than that you're going a bit over the top, obviously I don't want them dead, it's a counterfactual.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, veloman said:

'Midlands Today' went to a school where the kids were having a pre-wedding party - all dressed up , flags etc. The presenter asked one of the kids what question they would like to ask the royal couple. I would have given  king's ransom if the kid had said. " Id like to ask Prince Harry  - does she spit or swallow" . Sadly that didn't happen . I'm riding a bike race on the A51 north of Rugeley so hope the traffic is quiet.

You want to be careful mate...strange naked bald men with Henry vacuums lurking in the bushes are being reported...

• Haha 2

This is the most relevant weddings in years.... It ruined one of my favourite TV shows! Not sure how it'll survive now two lead characters have left.

On the plus side, finally an absolutely beautiful royal! But never in a million years would I watch a wedding of two people I don't know, I try and avoid weddings of people I do know!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Is it safe to come out yet?

I think so. Just don't look at a news website for the next few days. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

I saw something earlier that her mum was the only member of her family in attendance... what’s that all about?

Her family, mother aside, sound like a right bunch of nutjobs.

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

Her family, mother aside, sound like a right bunch of nutjobs.

I don’t know anything about them but assumed it must be something like that. Maybe she has nothing to do with them, or she does but they were not allowed to attend for fear of shaming the event.

34 minutes ago, Genie said:

I don’t know anything about them but assumed it must be something like that. Maybe she has nothing to do with them, or she does but they were not allowed to attend for fear of shaming the event.

I think her dad would have behaved like Homer Simpson, so was told to stay away. 

14 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I think her dad would have behaved like Homer Simpson, so was told to stay away. 

What about others? You’d expect she would have had a load of people wanting to be at such an event. Were they all told to stay away for fear of embarrassment?

Worcestershire celebrates... :crylaugh:

THE people of Worcester celebrated the Royal Wedding with some organsing a street party and others lucky enough to be invited.

As Prince Harry and Meghan Markle became husband and wife, people across Worcestershire celebrated the wedding in their own way.

Among those to mark the occasion were Amy Austin who organised a street party at Burtree Avenue in Warndon Villages, Worcester, for residents past and present.

Mrs Austin of Love All About Me Ltd applied to close the road as tables and Union flag bunting were put out.

The mother-of-two said: "We also had a street party for the Jubilee and for William and Kate's wedding.

"This wedding was nice, a break from tradition. It felt more modern, more our era."

The party was enjoyed by 35 adults, 19 children, two babies and two dogs. Families enjoyed sausages and burgers from the barbecue, wore masks of members of the Royal family and enjoyed Pimm's.

...more bollocks on link

There's a 30 second video that shows just what an event it was.

The faithful city no more, perhaps. :D

11 hours ago, Brumerican said:

I watched a bit of it to see which Suits actors I could spot. I bloody love Suits, greatest programme ever. Worst bit of the wedding is that it means no more Mike.

• Like 2

Â