New Manager Speculation

maqroll

6 minutes ago, Taxahunter said:

McLeish was experienced, Bruce was experienced, Lambert was experienced...I can mention just as many experienced managers that "failed" as you can that didnt.

Ok. Get rid of experience all together from the dictionary. It means nothing at all and people with no experience are in exactly the same position to perform the job as well as those who have experience.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

Maybe the board have decided he isn't the man for the job. Maybe the feel that now isn't the time for a huge gamble and they want to employ someone they feel is more likely to get us into the play offs this season.

I can't see Henry turning us down so if he isn't coming then it's because the board have decided against it. 

Or that they have decided to accept Arsene Wengers application that is sitting on their desk marked "urgent". ;)

Well the board probably have a shortlist and are working through them - Maybe Henry hasn't made the final cut.

I really think the search only started in earnest yesterday. Sure Henry was a name in the frame - but the done deal was probably just paper talk. 

We could do a lot lot worse than Neil Lennon. 

I know he rubs people up the wrong way with his personality but he is an excellent manager.  Hibs fans will tell you that, even Bolton fans liked him even though it was a basket case when he took over.  Got Celtic out of the group stages of CL as well which is no mean feat in itself.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, chrisvilla4 said:

we really are a giant of a club. 

This may be part of the problem regarding some of our fans way of thinking . Are we really a giant of a club? Potentially, yes, but we’ve not been a giant since Hitler was a youth. 

Anyway, it looks like Henry will not be taking the job. 

Edited by Rugeley Villa
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

There are emerging reports that Henry is not keen on this job.

Funny how every media outlet 'understands' this after one rent-a-gob comments on it. It all comes from the Redknapp quote.

The media know about as much as us.

1 minute ago, praisedmambo said:

The plot in our collective imaginations fed on scraps of twitter and the tea-leaf-esque movements of the betting market is likely night and day to what is actually happening.

Pretty much !

3 minutes ago, av1 said:

So how about Dean Smith and Terry? ?

Could be - Because brentford won't allow his coaching staff to come with him ........

I d still make JT as manager favourite. If he was coming as coach he could still play. But if he is coming as manager he probably wants to concentrate 100% on managing 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, hippo said:

Could be - Because brentford won't allow his coaching staff to come with him ........

I d still make JT as manager favourite. If he was coming as coach he could still play. But if he is coming as manager he probably wants to concentrate 100% on managing 

You don't seem to have the same complaints about Terry being manager as you do about Henry.

3 minutes ago, hippo said:

If it's a choice between Terry and Smith and you go with Terry you need your head looking at. Can't believe the amount of people letting their judgement get clouded by the " he was a great player " thing. He was. And ?

Edited by Johnnyp
Mistake

Just now, praisedmambo said:

You don't seem to have the same complaints about Terry being manager as you do about Henry.

I don't believe I have said one way or the other  ?

All I am saying is that JT as manager at this point in time looks a distinct possibility - I also said yesterday I couldn't see why he would take a no 2 role - and feel the need to quit playing to do so. Hence the dream team looked unlikely.

• Like 1