New Manager Speculation

maqroll

Just now, Wainy316 said:

And yet still give us our most enjoyable 3 months of the last 8 years.

For a couple of months we really played some beautiful football, I remember saying to my mate 'we are actually playing like Barcelona!' and then Kammy said the same thing seconds after on Soccer Saturday. It went to pieces quite rapidly though and his team selections were bizarre. 

3 minutes ago, Razor said:

For a couple of months we really played some beautiful football, I remember saying to my mate 'we are actually playing like Barcelona!' and then Kammy said the same thing seconds after on Soccer Saturday. It went to pieces quite rapidly though and his team selections were bizarre. 

He lost the core of his squad and then clearly new nothing about the players that were signed for him in the summer.

His tactical limitations would definitely have come to the fore eventually and there was alarm bells after the trio of Southampton, Burnley and Arsenal games.

• Like 1

Back to Henry.

Listening to the Football Ramble today, they had James Horncastle and Andy Brassel on who are two very good European football reporters/pundits. As in they actually know what they are talking about, not just a Merson and the boys type pundit.

Anyway, they gave a small insight into Henry.

They said that when martinez was appointed the Belgian players were incredibly underwhelmed. And that Thierry Henry's addition very much placated a lot of them.
They also said the squad love him and that he has had a very positive effect on their strikers. There are some very positive quotes from Lukaku about Henry (yeah yeah he WOULD say that because Henry is his coach, but still)
He was originally brought in as second assistant (effectively a striker coach) and has since been promoted to Martinez' assistant.

It was only brief, and none of that means he'll make a good manager. They enforced that point themselves that the key is how he handles the job. 

But it did sound pretty positive from people who actually have a bit of insight into the issue.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

Just now, Stevo985 said:

Back to Henry.

Listening to the Football Ramble today, they had James Horncastle and Andy Brassel on who are two very good European football reporters/pundits. As in they actually know what they are talking about, not just a Merson and the boys type pundit.

Anyway, they gave a small insight into Henry.

They said that when martinez was appointed the Belgian players were incredibly underwhelmed. And that Thierry Henry's addition very much placated a lot of them.
They also said the squad love him and that he has had a very positive effect on their strikers.
He was originally brought in as second assistant (effectively a striker coach) and has since been promoted to Martinez' assistant.

It was only brief, and none of that means he'll make a good manager. They enforced that point themselves that the key is how he handles the job. 

But it did sound pretty positive from people who actually have a bit of insight into the issue.

Goods to hear the effect he has had on the strikers. I was getting worried that some of our fans are going overboard on the fact that Abraham, Kodjia and Hogan are about to become the greatest strikers in the world with two weeks coaching from Henry.

As a coach the above sounds pretty encouraging, but as we all know the step up to management is pretty big and the role will be completely different to coaching an international team for a couple of weeks a year.

1 minute ago, wilko154 said:

Goods to hear the effect he has had on the strikers. I was getting worried that some of our fans are going overboard on the fact that Abraham, Kodjia and Hogan are about to become the greatest strikers in the world with two weeks coaching from Henry.

As a coach the above sounds pretty encouraging, but as we all know the step up to management is pretty big and the role will be completely different to coaching an international team for a couple of weeks a year.

Yep, and like I said they specifically mentioned that.

They said whilst the signs are positive we (they) don't know exactly what he does with the Belgian team. As in how much responsibility he does or doesn't have and how much influence he has. So whilst the signs are positive, obviously the step into being the actual manager is the key, so it's still a risk.

If Henry is new manager is he wise to take Terry as an assistant?  Big presence as an assistant manager especially when its your first managerial job.  Henry would need to be careful it doesnt unintentionally undermine his role.

Also a big NO to me for Bobby Bluffer as Everton fans all call him.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, John said:

Harry has just said on Talksport that he's heard Henry won't be happening.Thinks Terry more likely.

But, but, he hasn't got his coaching badges !!!!!! 

Terry makes more sense (in terms of probability) - He's quit as a player, knows most of the current players and is generally liked by the fans 

3 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

If Henry is new manager is he wise to take Terry as an assistant?  Big presence as an assistant manager especially when its your first managerial job.  Henry would need to be careful it doesnt unintentionally undermine his role.

Also a big NO to me for Bobby Bluffer as Everton fans all call him.

Like I said yesterday - Terry would have everything to loose coming in as no 2 to Henry - should it fail Terry would be slightly tainted - if its a success Henry gets all the credit and JT still hasn't got the managers job he wanted.